61. The last grain of sand.

Jared had spoken to everyone, had visited all the groups, but had not yet visited his company.
BJ and Jake seemed to have a great time, which he was happy about. Sounds like they were talking about the upcoming baseball season and the Yankees' new purchases. Tyler was glad he wasn't involved in the conversation. He didn't care about baseball.
It was already around 11:30 when finally Eric got a call. He gave Tyler a big wink and went to Jared and his company.
"What do you want to do?" Tyler asked BJ.
"Are you serious?" he said. "In an hour, half of the men present will be shitfaced drunk and when you throw strippers in the mix problems not a possibility, but a certainty." BJ looked at him sternly. "I go where you go!"
Jake hit the man on the shoulders. "Great how you look after that boy," he said appreciatively.

The number of partygoers was almost halved when the Muslim part was left behind and the rest of the group that was allowed to drink moved to the alternative location. The space was the same, but already much more cosy decorated with seating and a table full of drinks of all brands and types. A DJ was livening up to the place.
As soon as he entered, Tyler felt the familiar beat in his body. He felt rejuvenated. Obediently he first drank a beer.
He was looking at BJ. "May I?"
BJ nodded. "You may."
Then he turned to Eric. "May I?" he asked eagerly.
Eric nodded. "You may."
Enjoyingly, he took a breath.
Finally released, he surrendered to the DJ's beat. Soon he was found by Nathan and Tarek who equaled him in dance moves. Protected by their company, he subtly changed the way he moved.
Jared sat in his assigned seat and followed every move he made. A lot of people came to him and he talked to them all, politely and sometimes laughing. But rarely did his black eyes leave him. For now it was enough, but the fire in those eyes burned deep and violent. And Tyler, as always, longed for more.

Tarek explained to him during a short dance break what had been arranged for Jared and him.
"You're supposed to leave with Eric."
Tyler raised his eyebrows and looked at Eric who gave him a big wink.
"You'll wait in a room where Jared will join you."
"What time are you coming to get him?" asked Tyler hoarse.
"Five o'clock? Six o'clock?" said Tarek. He seemed burdened.
"Okay, thank you Tarek," Tyler said with one hand on his shoulder.
He looked at the man with affection. This morning he had signed a form that guaranteed the birthright and the associated inheritance of everyone who was homosexual. If Bahir, Tarek and Nathan ever came out to their families, they wouldn't be penniless. That's all he could do for them.

"So," Eric stretched out the answer. "Are you willing to mess with me?"
Tyler was glad the strippers arrived before he could answer.
As BJ had predicted, most of the attendees were already pretty tipsy. They grabbed at the three ladies who knew the tricks of the trade and had them at their beck and call within minutes. The man who accompanied them kept a close eye on things. He arranged the music and took care of the costumes. Tyler had to admit they gave away a fun show, with Jared as a willing centerpiece.

One of the women dressed in a harem costume let her eyes slide over the men present and lingered on Tyler. She licked seductively past her full red lips at the sight of the attractive young man and moved sensually dancing to the music towards him.
Enticing, she let her hands slide over her body and then did the same to him. With his blue eyes smiling kindly at her, he let her. It wasn't until she tried to pull him over to the center that he started to protest.
He shook his head and pointed at Eric.  "We're together," he told her.

The woman shook her head apologetically. The music was too loud and she didn't hear him. Tyler sighed. He leaned aside, grabbed a surprised-looking Eric on either side of his head and gave him a kiss that left no room for doubt.
Disappointed she slid a finger slide over his chest before continuing her search.
Tyler looked at Eric with a smile. "Sorry, but that was necessary."
Eric put his arms around him from behind and pressed a kiss on his neck.
"You don't have to apologize for anything. It's good for our alibi and you kiss wonderfully." He looked Tyler in the eye inquisitively. "Nothing?" he asked pouted.
Tyler pulled an apologetic face, pressed a kiss on the arm that lay around him and shook his head.
Although good for their alibi, their public intimate moment had stirred  up unwanted sentiments and the first troublemakers made their way over.
"Ah, shit! Here we go," muttered BJ who put his juice down.