25. "Fleur called. You're an asshole!"

Justified in his indignation, or so he thought himself, Tyler ignored all but direct instructions and then only from Fleur. If this happened to come across as strange, then fuck it! He had his belly full of everything and needed time to process this. One legitimate reason to be busy was his paper on Bolivia. Buried in his notes and with earplugs full of music in his ears, he excluded the outside world.

They made a stopover in New York. Now they were sitting in the business lounge waiting for them to board again. Tyler made good progress. He ignored the long legs of Jared who regularly walked by him and now clearly stood impatiently in front of him. Tyler heard Jared said something, but didn't understand what and made no attempt to find out. Two earplugs were unceremoniously ripped out of his ears. "You can't ignore me forever, so stop this childish behavior."

"The pot blames the kettle for seeing black," Tyler responded wryly, standing up. He walked to the bar and poured some soda.
"What do you mean by that?" hissed Jared behind him.
"Come on," Tyler snorted. "You're smart enough."
Jared's anger was palpable in the small space between their bodies. "Apparently not, because I don't know what you're referring to."
Tyler turned a little pinnig towards him. His blue eyes blew fire. "You ignore me, wherever and whenever you want, without explanation or contradiction," he hissed. "And it's childish, when a grown man continues to harass his subordinate while he's busy doing his homework." He looked at him directly. "So don't bother me anymore, Jared. I'm busy." Angry, he walked back to his seat.

With his eyes Tyler followed Jared who returned to Fleur. "How could it be otherwise?" he thought wryly. As best he could under jared's dirty looks he resumed his work. Much to his relief, Jared who was clearly in a foul mood walked away with his phone out. Outside earshot, he stood and made several phone calls. Tyler saw his chance to pee quietly. He brought his backpack with notes to Fleur for safe keeping and quickly walked towards toilets.

When he came out of his stall after urinating, Jared stood nonchalantly leaning against the wall. Shivers ran down Tyler's back when seeing the looks that followed his every move. Painfully swallowing, he washed his hands and dried them off. It wasn't until he threw away the paper towel that he saw his backpack standing next to Jared's legs. For a moment, the world was spinning around him. Joy shot through him in hot waves. His heart struck faster when he gently asked: "Where are you taking me this time?"

Jared recorded him with a happy smile. "We're already here," he said, pushing smoothly away from the wall.
Tyler took him in breathlessly, would he ever get enough of the way this man moved? To give himself an attitude, he looked around with a mocked disdain. "You've taken me to nicer places."
"Wise nose." Jared tapped him teasingly on his nose. "Are you coming?"

Tyler hesitated. "But Fleur?"
Jared bent over to pick up Tyler's backpack. "Fleur flies back home without us. I'll keep her informed of our whereabouts." He reached out invitingly. "Are you still coming?"
Unable to resist the attraction exerted on him, he let his hand slide into Jared's.

"The Bransjov", Jared said when boarding the taxi driver.
"Can I inquire about your plans or is this too much to ask?" asked Tyler looking outside. Their hands were relaxing between them.
"The hotel is located next to Central Park. After we've checked in we can do whatever we want" Jared replied.
"Sounds nice," he responded nonchalantly.
The smallest movement of the taxi caused friction between their hands. There was a deep shiver through him when he felt Jared's thumb slowly slipping over his fingers. His eyes looked out not seeing. There was room for nothing but for the feeling that rendered him powerless.

Regret and relief filled him when they finally arrived at their hotel. The hotel was small in proportion to its colossal brethren, but Tyler appreciated the look all the more. Without a doubt the room would be just as beautiful as the living room lobby.