53. "I know why you're smiling, naughty boy."

Because Tyler wanted to create the illusion of avoiding Jared, he left the joint breakfast table as soon as Jared appeared with Fleur.
"Rasheed," Jared said followed by a sentence Tyler couldn't follow.
Rasheed nodded to him. Even BJ seemed to understand what was being said. Frowning, he walked away.
It wasn't until in the car on his way to the hospital that he asked Rasheed, who didn't tell him anything of his own accord, what Jared had said.
"Prince Jareed," Rasheed began, stopping abruptly. "Dr. Evans," he corrected himself, "gets his wedding suit today, too. He asked me to adjust your schedule in such a way that your appointments coincide."
"Why the detour?" asked Tyler.
"Why are we 15 minutes ahead of schedule?" said Rasheed countering the question handily.
Tyler sighed. "Because we are avoiding each other," he admitted.
BJ listened silently.

At the hospital, Tyler realized he hadn't heard from Princess Jasmine.
"Is everything okay in Dubai?" he asked Rasheed with some concern.
This one nodded. "The families are in conversation. Princess Jasmine is a woman with a keen eye for business. When she speaks, others listen. If there is anything to report, we will certainly hear it," he said with confidence.
With this information in mind, Tyler walked into Sheikh Jabaar's room. This time the man was visited by his son Murad.

Fleur's father took him in with cautionary eyes.
"Sheikh Jabaar, Mr. Al-Din," Tyler greeted them politely.
Rasheed and BJ remained waiting in the hallway after he gave them a silent gesture.
Candidly, Tyler picked up the man and caught the hostile flash pulling over his face.
"Please, Mr. Al-Din, don't keep hidden what is in your heart and is burning on your lips," he told the man at the other side of the Sheikh's bed.
Murad Al-Din stood up. The familiar fire that Tyler warmed himself at enjoyingly burned in the man's eyes. He frowned deeply at the unexpected reaction to his disgruntled, even furious, expression. The boy didn't seem in the least intimidated. He took a look at his father who looked at him with a smile.
"I know," the man said shrugging. "That's how he is with everyone."
Sheikh Jabaar knocked on his son's hand. "Do as he asks, Murad. Be honest."
"Painfully honest, if you have to," Tyler added.

Black eyes flash dangerously.
"I don't want to offend my father with the things I would like to say to you," Murad said, clearly holding back.
Tyler nodded understandingly. "Maybe you'd rather speak to me separately so I can take your insults?"
Anger lay unhindered on Murad's face. Tyler smiled warmly at him.
"How can you be so laid back, with the future of our family in the hands of a teenager," he said agonizingly to his father.
"Don't confuse his age with the position he holds," Sheikh Jabaar pressed. "So far, he has proven to be a family friend."
"He irreparably damaged our family's dominance by stripping Jareed of his birthright," Murad said incredulously. "Is that friendly?"

Tyler straightened his back and addressed the man: "I understand and respect your desire to stay at your father's sickbed, Mr. Al-Din, but I would have liked to see you at the negotiating table. As a future Sheikh and head of the family, I attach great importance to your opinion and views.
However, I hope that you will accept that my profound actions stemmed from a desire to see your family in peace and balance. The attack on your father's life and the destruction of veterinary practice punched a big hole in my heart.
The options that came in after the first reports of the attack were simply unacceptable. I will not tolerate violence." He looked at both men penetratingly.
"After we heard that Sheikh Jabaar had survived the attack and Jared was on his way with my family, I realized that a lasting solution had to be found. I spoke at length about that with Amir and Jawdat."
Tyler snorted. "I thought I'd quickly found a point of discord. An oil well that has been fought over for years with increasing violence."

Tyler had taken a seat next to Murad. Both men listened with tight faces.
"I should have known they were going to object," he said narrowing his eyes. "After all, I'm just a nineteen year old brat, right?"
Without a smile, the men nodded seriously.
"My many conversations with Amir had exposed the origin of your bloodline as well as the origin of the bearer of the eye. Your joint ancestor Messoud Al-Din was the first bearer of the eye to be given a title by his father much to the envy of the generations that followed. It was only when the titles and accompanying control were broken up that jealousy flourished and built to unsustainable proportions. As a current bearer of the eye, I am the only one who can change this. It turned out to be the common factor. This is the price to be paid for peace."