19. Christmas = Drama.

Christmas was coming and Marion had invited the Evans, Jared and Fleur for Christmas dinner. Anita came with Ben and David brought Rosa. Tyler asked Lindsey because he knew she didn't have a new boyfriend yet. She had been happy with the invitation. "Much cozier than at my house," she had said honestly.

Yesterday there were a lot of packages delivered. After opening the boxes in which they were sent, the room was littered with beautifully wrapped gifts. Each of the gifts had a name tag. Most of them had his name, but his mother and sister were certainly not forgotten.

From Brazil came a large bag of first class coffee beans. When his mother asked, surprised how to grind it, Naomi found a large box containing a luxury-looking coffee maker, with built-in grinder. They also sent a photo album filled with memories of his time there.

From Paris came for Naomi boxes full of beautiful clothes including a winter coat that made Marion quiet. "Is that a real one?" she asked Tyler pointing at the label.
"I think so," Tyler said.
The gift that both ladies were most delighted about was a luxury box filled with make-up, lotions, soaps and other beauty products that were gleefully tested and used for the rest of the afternoon.

For Tyler, there was a gift from Eric. The small box contained a beautifully sharpened bottle. He read the note first: "My dear Tyler. You've seen my worst side and overcame it with your goodness. Now let me show you where my talent lies. My creation for you. Eric."

Tyler took the bottle out of his packaging. The liquid it contained was transparent in color. In the light, the reflected colors shone beautifully. "That's probably crystal," his mother said. "Can I smell?"
Gently, he removed the cap and made his mother smell. "What a delicious scent. It's perfect for you. What's it called?"
Tyler smelled the bottle. His mother was right. It smelled delicious and was totally his taste. "I don't know what it's called," he said, too shy to confess that this was developed especially for him.

He found a box with items for the maintenance of his surfboard. His mouth fell open and immediately closed seeing the exclusive brand. His mom had no idea and just liked the way the set looked. He laughed at the cufflinks and the tie pin, but his mother appreciated it very much. "You never know when this will come in handy," she said taking the packages from him.

The last one was Princess Jasmine's. He recognized the handwriting on the card. The gift was the size of a shoebox. After removing the tissue paper, he read the note: "Dear Tyler. You've brought a new light to my life. I hope to see you again soon. Until then, I'll send you this memento of our time together. Princess Jasmine."

Lifting, he unveiled a stunning black and white photo of Princess Jasmine and himself taken during their daily tea moment. It was special and unarranged. Admiringly, he lifted up the photo set in a beautiful silver frame and saw that there was something underneath.
"For your eyes only," he read on the little card.
With difficulty curbing his curiosity, he closed the lid and showed the photo to his mother and sister.
"What a beautiful woman and so elegant," his mother said.
Naomi was also impressed. "You're drinking tea, Tyler."

After all the paper scraps and packaging materials were cleaned up, Tyler walked up with his secret cargo. Just to be safe, he locked his door. Wrapped in a beautiful piece of fabric that reminded him of his medallion in color, there was a smooth leather photo album. With trembling fingers, Tyler pulled the leather cords loose.

Inside, he found a treasure of unprecedented value. Pictures of Jared. From baby to man. With his father, his grandfather, his great-grandfather and his friends. The happy and also the sad moments. Especially the picture taken at the Sheikh's funeral touched him deeply.

The last two photos were the most recent. A beautiful black and white photo taken in Paris where Jared was captured so relaxed and smiling that Tyler had the same smile when viewing the photo. However, it was the last picture that shocked him to his core. This one was of them together, also black and white, taken at a totally uninhibited moment. Jared sat relaxed on one of the many window seats with his face half turned away from him looking through the open window. Sunlight fell in and created a wonderful array of shadows. What shocked him was the expression with which he looked at Jared. No one who saw this picture would miss the adoration on his face. It was like a love declaration frozen in time. At the bottom right was in fine handwriting: "Un moment secrete."
Whatever reason she had for it, Tyler was sure this would stay between them.