Minhee-Love Mates

Genre : Fluff

Song : NCT 127 Love Song

requested by minheetea

third person's pov
Minhee and Kyungah have been room mates ever since the school term started. the place they were staying in was a building meant for students who live far from their school. Kyungah has been staying alone for some time before Minhee moved in to live with her after transferring to her school. at first , things were awkward between them mainly because Minhee acted coldly towards Kyungah like not smiling when they make eye contact , giving Kyungah the impression like he hates her or something. since Kyungah was a reserved kind of girl , she never spoke to Minhee as she worries about his hate for her.

however , the school was now renovating the dormitory rooms one by one. each apartment is now renovating one room so Kyungah's room was renovating now. because her room was renovating , that meant that she had to sleep in the living room because Minhee and her are not in that kind of relationship to be able to share a bed together. before they declared lights out , Minhee walked out of his room in his pyjamas while holding his pillow. Kyungah was already prepared to sleep on the couch. "hey you , i'm sleeping here. you can sleep in my room." Minhee said. "but that's your room." Kyungah said. "which man will let a girl sleep in the living room? don't fight against me and just sleep in my room. i'll let you have it till your room is done renovating." Minhee said. "well , thank you." Kyungah said before she got up from the couch with her pillow and blanket. Minhee laid down on the couch and closed his eyes immediately. Kyungah went to turn off the lights in the living room and walked towards his room when she realised he didn't bring out his blanket. she placed her blanket on top of his body and said , "goodnight."

Minhee acted like he was already asleep so he didn't have to reply her. Kyungah then went to his room and slept on his bed. after sensing she wasn't around him , Minhee opened his eyes and smiled to himself after seeing her blanket on his body. he then covered himself with her blanket and went to sleep without erasing that smile.

the next day..

the two were preparing to get ready for school in their own rooms. since Kyungah's room is not in the condition for her to stay inside for long , she went outside after she was done preparing. when Minhee came out in his uniform , he gave her a slight smile before leaning his head towards the door to signal her 'let's go'. Kyungah reached into her pocket and handed him her lipbalm. "what's that for?" Minhee asked. "your lips are chapped." Kyungah said. "no , no. i don't want that." Minhee said. Kyungah puts a layer of lipbalm on her own lips and taps Minhee , who turned around after rejecting her lipbalm and pecked his lips. within a split second , Minhee's ears started turning red as he looked at Kyungah with shock. Kyungah just stood still , not able to look up as she was scared as she might have offended him. Minhee broke into a smile and held Kyungah's hand pulling her towards him. "one more time , the lipbalm felt moisturizing." Minhee said. Kyungah looked at him with wide eyes and pushed him away gently before taking his hand , placing her lipbalm in his hand. "just put it on!" she said before running out of the door because she felt her heart pound really fast.

at the school gates , Minhee stopped Kyungah. "can we meet here after school? i wanna have lunch with you." Minhee asked. "sure , see you after school then." Kyungah smiled before they went on their separate ways.

~

after meeting at the school gates , they had lunch at a place where many of their schools' students frequently go for lunch. however , Minhee felt like lunch wasn't enough for his ideal mini date. "i know a place that sells soft toys. wanna go see?" he asked and Kyungah's eyes lit up with excitement. "of course!" she smiled , which soon disappeared. "what's wrong?" Minhee asked. "i just remembered my bed is not available for such soft toys now. maybe another time." Kyungah said. "are you kidding? just place them on my bed for the time being. you can move them back to your room once it's done renovating." Minhee said and Kyungah's smile returned. "then let's go!" Kyungah said.

at the store , Kyungah felt like she turned back when she was a little girl. every plushie was too her liking. Minhee wanted to buy her one so he looked around too. when one caught his eye , he approached Kyungah with it and showed it to her. "hey this looks nice right? want it?" he asked. Kyungah's expression was not what he expected ; she didn't smile at that plushie. "that was what my ex got me.." she said. Minhee frowned and squeezed the toy's face and punched it. "this is so ugly . why did he even buy you this? let's find a better one." Minhee said. "but , you said it looks nice.." Kyungah said. "when? i didn't say that." Minhee said making Kyungah chuckle.

after spending close to 45 minutes in that store , they were finally on the way back to their dorm. "thanks for this. i'll keep it safe with me." Kyungah said as she hugged the penguin toy Minhee chose for her. "your most welcome." Minhee said. he couldn't stop staring at how happy Kyungah looks. when they arrived back in their dorm , they saw a huge mattress outside their door. "who left this here?" Minhee asked. "oh , i got my mom to send a mattress for me when i found out my room was going to be renovating. maybe i can shift that inside your room and i'll just sleep on the mattress so you can have your bed back." Kyungah said. "i'm not sleeping on the bed if you're sleeping on the floor." Minhee said. "it's not the floor.." Kyungah frowned. "can we share a bed then?" Minhee asked. "for real? what if i fall off the bed?" Kyungah asked. "i'll sleep on the outside so if one of us were to fall , it'll be me." Minhee smiled. "then , okay." Kyungah said.

————————————————————