Hyeongjun-Our Time Pt. 2

Genre : Angst

Song : Apink Luv

requested by yoon_yuri

third person's pov
months passed by and both of them have moved on from each other ; moved on by not thinking about one another. Haena was now working part-time at a womenswear shop since she didn't want to waste time slacking off at home.

as she was walking around waiting for customers to come in , she saw a familiar back of someone. she approached slowly and quietly to peek at the familiar looking person only to realise it was her ex , Song Hyeongjun.

the thing is , he's not alone.

many thoughts rushed through her mind. did he move on so quickly that he found a new partner already? Haena's mind was just filled with so much thoughts she didn't realise they were approaching towards her direction.

when Hyeongjun finally looked up and saw Haena standing there. "Seolha , let's go there." Hyeongjun tried adverting her attention elsewhere. "why? i need a size XS for this shorts. there's a saleswoman there." Seolha smiled. "but-" "hey , just wondering if you have this in size XS?" Seolha asked Haena who looked at Hyeongjun. it wasn't entirely Seolha's fault since Hyeongjun never told her about Haena.

"hello?" Seolha snapped Haena out of her thoughts. "s-sure.." Haena took the shorts and disappeared into the store. "Hyeongjun did you see how she stared at you? she must be smittened by your cuteness." Seolha chuckled. "Seolha." Hyeongjun said seriously. "w-what? what's wrong?" Seolha asked.

"i have something to tell you. she's actually-" "here , see if it fits." Haena approached them and handed Seolha the shorts. "i'll go try it on." Seolha smiled before heading into the fitting room. the atmosphere now was really tense and awkward.

"H-Hi Haena." Hyeongjun started. "hey." Haena said without turning to face him. "how are you?" Hyeongjun asked. "well , definitely not as good as you're doing." Haena said. "s-she's not who you think she is Haena." Hyeongjun said. "really?— wait , it doesn't matter to me." Haena mumbled.

"Haena , it's been a long time since we spoke. can we grab a cup of coffee one day?" Hyeongjun asked. Haena finally turned around and faced him. "will it be okay?" Haena asked. "of course! Seolha is just my friend." Hyeongjun said. "friend?" Haena asked. "yeah." he smiled. "we can arrange a date then." she smiled back. "sure! i'll text you." Hyeongjun said.

"hey , i'll take this." Seolha said handing Haena the shorts. "okay , follow me to the counter for your payment." Haena bowed slightly and walked to the counter. after their payment , Seolha and Hyeongjun left the shop.

while they were walking , Seolha remembered Hyeongjun had something to say before she left to try on the shorts. "oh Hyeongjun , you wanted to tell me something earlier at the shop?" Seolha said. "right , remember that girl who attended to you earlier at the shop?" Hyeongjun asked and Seolha nodded. "she's my—" Hyeongjun stopped in his words. if he tells her Haena is his ex , Seolha might try even harder to be together with him.

"she's my crush." Hyeongjun's words made Seolha widen her eyes. "p-pardon? c-crush?" Seolha stuttered. "yeah , i've known her for some time. which should explain why she stared at me. probably because she found me familiar." Hyeongjun lied. "o-oh.." Hyeongjun could see sadness in Seolha's eyes. "you know my answer now , do you?" Hyeongjun asked and Seolha smiled weakly. "y-yeah. sure." Seolha said.

after sending Seolha home , Hyeongjun headed straight home and texted Haena who immediately went online upon receiving his text ; as if she was waiting for him to text her all this while.

Hyeongjun:
hey Haena! you free to chat now?

Haena:
oh , hi! just reached home from my work.

Hyeongjun:
oh , then shall we chat later?

Haena:
nah , it's fine.

Hyeongjun:
hehe okay

Hyeongjun:
when do you wanna meet?

Haena:
maybe this weekend? my work
shift ends pretty late everyday.

Hyeongjun:
oh sure! then i'll see you this sat?

Haena:
alright :>

Hyeongjun:
rest well :D
(seen)

the next day..

Haena was back to work and was attending to a lady. Seolha entered the shop without Haena knowing and eyed her until she was free. "Haena , you remember me right?" Seolha approached Haena after the lady left. "oh..you're Seolha , Hyeongjun's friend." Haena said and Seolha smiled. "glad you remembered me." "is anything the matter?" Haena asked. "when will it be your lunch break?" Seolha asked. "i wanna have lunch with you." "um , sure. my lunch break is at 12.30pm." Haena said. "i'll meet you at Café De Muse then." Seolha said before turning to leave.

when it was her lunch break , Haena grabbed her wallet and handphone before heading to Café De Muse where Seolha said she would be waiting. when she got there , she saw Seolha sitting by herself with a cup of iced drink in front of her staring into blank space. "hey , did you wait long?" Haena asked as she sat down in front Seolha. "nope , do you want any drink?" Seolha asked. "i've already ordered for one." Haena smiled. "why did you wanna have lunch?" Haena asked. "i'll just go straight to the point then. you know Hyeongjun right?" Seolha asked. "well yeah." Haena said. "i like him. and yesterday he told me he likes you. i"

"i know what you want Seolha." Haena cut her words. "you do?" Seolha asked. "yeah , and i'll be honest with you. i like Hyeongjun and he is my ex. we've dated before and i think we intend to get back because we were suppose to meet this weekend. if you like Hyeongjun , i believe you should go for it." Haena said. "but , don't you like him?" Seolha asked her. "i do..but if someone else can love him , then he's better off with her. if Hyeongjun and i loved each other , we wouldn't need a break up." Haena smiled bitterly. "thank you Haena..i promise i'll protect Hyeongjun's heart." Seolha smiled wholeheartedly.

although her heart aches , Haena believes that if one is meant to be with another , they will be together in the end.

——————————————————————