Minhee-Don't Fly Away From Me

Genre : Angst (warning : suicidal ways , knives etc. terms are used here. don't read if you're not comfortable.)

Song : BTS Butterfly

requested by MinheeGun

third person's pov
Eunwon and Minhee have been really close friends for a long time. Minhee likes Eunwon but never told her about it because Eunwon is a suicidal person. he was always afraid of telling her about how he felt because she never smiles genuinely. she was like a fragile piece of glass that might break even with the slightest push. he has been visiting her frequently from once a week , to once every day and now staying with her.

"Eunwon , have some food. I bought your favourite fishcakes." Minhee said entering her room. "i'm not hungry." Eunwon said without turning around to look at him and continued staring out the window. "i already bought it though. are you really not going to eat?" Minhee asked. Eunwon sighed and turned around. "guess i have to." she said and went out the room. Minhee smiled to himself after succeeding to bring her out of her room. Eunwon sat herself down at the dining table while Minhee joined her. "here's some doenjang jjigae (Soybean Paste Stew). finish okay?" Minhee took out the container and placed it in front of Eunwon who didn't reply him. Minhee placed the sticks of fishcake in front of Eunwon as well before he opened his own share of food ; Kimchi Stew.

Eunwon peaked over to see what Minhee was having before looking back to hers. he bought side dish for her but didn't get any for himself. after finishing her stew and two sticks of fishcakes , she pushed the other two sticks to Minhee before standing up. "i enjoyed my meal." she said softly before hogging herself up in the room again. "cold on the outside , warm on the inside." Minhee mumbled with a chuckle.

after dinner , Minhee cleaned up before heading back inside Eunwon's room. there , Eunwon sat in the corner huddling herself up with a penknife in her hand. Minhee knew he couldn't panic or history will repeat itself. he approached her slowly and calmly before squatting down to her level. her face was covered by her medium length black hair and her hand was shaking while it held onto the penknife. "give me that , everything is alright." Minhee said. sounds of Eunwon's sobbing was soon heard. "sshh , come here." Minhee slowly pulled her into his arms and took the penknife out of her hand gently. "i feel , trapped. like i can't breathe." Eunwon cried. "stay by my side , promise me that?" Minhee asked. "why?" Eunwon looked up. "i'm scared to lose you." Minhee smiled and caressed her hair.

after making sure she was calm now , Minhee carried her to the bed and tucked her in. when he went to switch off the lamp light , he briefly saw her laptop that was on. it showed different ways to take her life. Minhee deleted her search history and closed her laptop. he sat down on the bed and brushed Eunwon's hair. "don't think about anything. just smile for me okay?" Minhee asked but Eunwon didn't reply. she was as fragile as a butterfly ; it doesn't take much for a butterfly to die.

Minhee tucked himself in bed , right next to her. he pulled her into his chest and pecked her forehead. "don't try to disappear. i need you by my side." Minhee whispered. he slid his hand under the blanket and held her hand , tightly. "why are you holding my hand so tightly like this?" Eunwon asked. "because i'm afraid that you'll fly away and break. i wanna protect you even in your sleep." Minhee said and tightened his grip around her hand and his grip around her shoulders. "we'll get through this , together. remember that i love you." Minhee whispered.

————————————————————