Seungwoo-I'll Love You Silently

Genre : Angst

Song : NCT 127 No Longer

requested by imdyinghere

third person's pov
Seungwoo and Wookyung were really close friends , because you both were each other's first friend in university. they always listen to each others' advices , have time for the two of them only and made sure the other will always be happy no matter what.

one day Wookyung decided to tell Seungwoo about her feelings for this guy in class who was a bad student. he skips class , smokes , drinks , hangs out with gangsters and goes clubbing. Seungwoo knew that he can't let Wookyung be with this guy. he knew he had to protect her.

but Wookyung was blinded by love and got pissed at Seungwoo for not blessing her or encouraging her. she told him things like , "you're not a good friend afterall!" or "you don't want me to be happy!" everytime when Seungwoo tells her how he really feels about that guy. if that guy regularly goes out clubbing , he definitely is a playboy which meant he will never love Wookyung as much as she loves him. of course Wookyung never listened to Seungwoo's advice and got together with that guy.

Seungwoo secretly wanted her all to himself , because he liked her. reason why he never confessed was because he didn't want to ruin their friendship and make things difficult. and he was glad he didn't because she already had someone in mind. Wookyung thought Seungwoo was being way too overprotective as a friend when he only meant good for her. the fight between them was hurting their friendship and Seungwoo wanted to save it no matter what. he can't lose her even as a friend.

"Wookyung , can we meet?" he asked through the phone. "where?" she asked. "i'll go to your apartment." he said and she agreed before hanging up. Seungwoo then made his way to her apartment while praying things will go well.

"hey." he said when he met her. "hey. come in." she made way for him to step inside her small apartment. "you're not out with him today?" he asked. "no , he told me he'll hang out with his friends tonight. it's been a week since we met." Seungwoo could see sadness in her eyes and hear pain in her voice.

"are you happy?" he asked. "i am- actually , i don't know." she said. "look , i don't wanna ruin our friendship because of him. i'm sorry if i hurt you in anyway due to my words when i was against you being with him but i really hope your really happy for real. you know i love seeing the people i love being happy." Seungwoo gave her a weak smile.

"i'm sorry for the hurtful words i said to you. i didn't mean it. i was just-" "i know Wookyung. i understand. but i just want you to know that if anything happens be it bad or good , just know that i'm always here for you. i'll be your shoulder to cry on , your punching bag and your listening ear." Seungwoo said.

"why are you still so nice to me after all that i've done?" Wookyung asked. she could feel her tears are about to flow out from her eyes with a painful lump in her throat due to her holding back her tears. "i'm just doing what a friend should." Seungwoo pat her back.

"Wookyung , if i could actually bring out all our feelings in our mind , there would have been no fear and misunderstandings." Seungwoo said. "stop it , you're words are making me cry Seungwoo." Wookyung's tears dropped down from her eyes to her cheeks. "i just hope that the misunderstandings we had in the past will be forgotten." he said.

"i don't see why you're saying all these Seungwoo , your words are depressing. i'm already sad enough from my boyfriend's neglecting." Wookyung said. "i knew it , you weren't happy with him." Seungwoo said. "i'm sorry you have a stubborn friend like me." Wookyung said.

Seungwoo pulled Wookyung in for a hug letting her cry her eyes out in his arms. he was crying too , but silently. "before i regret not saying this , i need to tell you something i hid from you for a long time." Seungwoo said.

"w-what?" Wookyung asked between her sobbing. "i love you , and i'll love you silently in the dark." he whispered before pulling away. "what was that suppose to mean?" Wookyung asked confused. "it's for me to know-"

"and for you to find out. you always say profound things that are too complicated for me to understand." Wookyung said making Seungwoo smile. "glad i made a friend like you who knows me well." Seungwoo caressed her hair before standing up. "you're leaving already?" Wookyung asked. "if i was your boyfriend , i wouldn't like it if i see a guy who is interested in my girlfriend under the same roof as her." Seungwoo faked a smile to her and gave her a peck on her foreheard before leaving.

Wookyung stood there , shocked after what Seungwoo said and did. she then realised he had feelings for her this whole time. Wookyung rushed out of her apartment and looked for Seungwoo frantically who mysteriously disappeared so quickly.

little did she know , Seungwoo was hiding in a corner , watching her look for him while crying. seeing her cry , made him feel down and he eventually teared up too. "i'm sorry Wookyung..i can only be a coward and love you silently in the dark. i promise i'll protect you , like i'm your guardian angel."

——————————————————————