Minhee-Biggest Regret

Genre : Angst

Song : IOI I Love You , I Remember You

requested by jenjellybunny

third person's pov
"Yongeun..my poor girl.." Yongeun said crying while she held onto the potrait of Yongeun's picture. "aunty.." Minhee said wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

Yongeun died due to cancer a few days ago and it's still very hard for her family to accept. "if you cry like this , she can't leave with peace." Minhee said. "Minhee-ah , what to do? i lost my only daughter." she hugged Minhee who was barely holding his tears in. "come on Joohyun , you're exhausted." Yongeun's dad said helping her mom up. "you should head back too Minhee. you must be tired." he told Minhee.

"allow me to send you two home first please." Minhee said. "thank you , i'm glad Yongeun made a friend like you." her dad smiled bitterly before helping to help Yongeun's mom up.

Minhee flagged a cab and brought the elderly home before he headed home himself.

once he reached home , he threw himself on the sofa and sighed out loudly. "if we had more time , i wouldn't be regretting like this anymore." he said while looking out the window to the dark blue sky. "Yongeun , are you seeing how painful it is for us?" he asked.

before he knew it , he fell asleep.

~

"Minhee? Kang Minhee wake up." Minhee felt a little shake on his shoulder and opened his eyes. there he saw Yongeun , standing there greeting him with her beautiful sparkling eyes. "you sleepy little puppy , how long have you been asleep?" Yongeun asked sitting next to him. Minhee got up but didn't say anything. he just stared at Yongeun.

"what? is there something on my face?" Yongeun asked touching her cheeks. "oh you're probably just experiencing what someone does when they just wake up—blanking out. come on , go and wash up so we can have breakfast." Yongeun pulled Minhee's arm making him turn to her hand touching his arm.

"she's touching me?" he mumbled. "what?" Yongeun asked. "you can touch me?" he asked. "well , you never said i couldn't." Yongeun said letting go and stepped back a little. "you're not dead?" Minhee asked. Yongeun stayed silent and stared.

"Yongeun?" "no , i am dead. but it's okay , you don't have to worry about it." Yongeun smiled. "quickly go wash up you lazy bum." she chuckled. "wait , i want to tell you something before time takes everything away again." Minhee said before reaching out for Yongeun's wrist , pulling her to sit next to him.

"what is it?" she asked. "i..i like you..but i never got the chance to tell you before you left us. at least because i was timid and didn't have the courage to. i should've known better." Minhee sighed. Yongeun smiled and placed her other hand onto Minhee's. "thank you for letting me know." she smiled.

"but , it's too late. i regret it all. i will never get to date you , hug you , marry you , kiss you or start a family with you." Minhee said. he could feel his eyes starting to tear up. "i didn't expect you to think that far." Yongeun chuckled. she leaned in and gave Minhee a warm hug. "there , we hugged like you wanted." she said.

when she broke the hug , she kissed him on the cheek and watched as his cheeks turned bright red. "kissed too." she chcukled. taking Minhee's hand , she locked hers in with his. "i can't promise i can date you , marry you or start a family with you. but i'm glad i can still meet you like this." Yongeun smiled. "can this happen forever? at least until i die? that way we can date and get married too." Minhee said. "no Minhee , this world is different from the world you're living in. we can date and get married here but you're still going to be single in real life. and there's also another problem." Yongeun said. "what?" Minhee asked.

"my soul , it will disappear as time goes by. i don't even know if i'll last that long till you die. time flies faster in the other world." Yongeun said. "but-" "Minhee , if you want me to be in peace promise me to find someone else and also please take care of my parents for me. i'll watch you guys from above." Yongeun pecked Minhee's forehead.

~

Minhee opened his eyes and realised it was dawn. "that dream felt so , real." Minhee sighed. "i'll do as you wish Yongeun. i'll take good care of your parents. but i can't promise i'll find another other."

——————————————————————