Junho-Surprise Confession

Genre : Fluff + Angst

Song : BTS Love Is Not Over

requested by imdyinghere

third person's pov
"remember to finish your project! it's due in two days." the chemistry teacher said. JiAh turned her head to look at Junho who was just staring at his desk. she sighed and faced the front. the both of them were partners for their project that has been given a week ago but neither of them spoke up to the other about it. Junho was a very quiet guy and didn't have many friends in school which was one of the reason why the two of them ended up as partners. another reason was because JiAh's two other friends were partners leaving her alone. they wanted to be in a group of three but a group of guys already became one so they had to separate. this project holds 20% of their assessment so they can't fool around with it.

Junho wanted to ask her to stayback after school so they can do the project together but of course he didn't have the courage to. to be more exact , he liked JiAh ; that should explain why he doesn't dare to talk to her. "Junho , do you have anything after school today?" JiAh asked approaching him. "u-uh umm , no." he stuttered. "wanna stay back after school today to do the project?" she asked. Junho could feel like his heart was going to pop out of his chest. "sure." he replied. JiAh smiled at Junho before going back to her seat.

time skip~

"JiAh , wanna go have bingsu?" Musa asked. "i'm gonna have to pass that guys. need to do the project." JiAh said. "you have not done the project?" Kathleen asked "of course , we don't even talk. it's not easy to do a project with someone i'm not close to." JiAh said. "sorry girl." Musa said. "it's fine , the next project i'm not the one partnering anyone else." JiAh said. "sure , goodluck." Kathleen said before she left with Musa. JiAh walked over to Junho's table and waited for him to pack his bag. "wanna go have lunch together?" JiAh offered and Junho gladly accepted. they headed to the cafeteria and had lunch before heading to the library.

"shall we start researching on this topic first? i have to be honest with you , chemistry is my weakest subject." JiAh said. "that's okay , we can do this together." Junho said. the reason why Junho never wanted to try and confess to JiAh was because he always got rejected whenever he confessed to his crushes in the past. it became a trauma for him.

time flew by quickly but their process was really slow. soon the library needed to close because it was 5pm already. "you wanna finish this today?" Junho asked and JiAh nodded. "i'd rather finish it all at one go so i don't have to worry about it or rush it tomorrow." JiAh said. "then i guess we can go to the classroom and finish up." Junho said collecting all the papers that were on the table. JiAh took the remaining pieces and followed behind him.

they were so into the project they lost track of time. "and i think after we finish this , we're done with the project." Junho said. JiAh wrote the last few notes onto the paper and stapled everything together. "woah , it's 7pm?" JiAh said looking at her watch. "i didn't even noticed how fast the time went by. we should head back home now." JiAh told Junho. "you'll be keeping the papers right?" Junho asked and she nodded. when she tried opening the door , she gasped. "what?" Junho asked. "the door..it's locked." she said. "what?" Junho tried but he couldn't open the door as well. "i'll check the back door." Junho said but shaked his head when he tried opening the door. "are we gonna be stuck here till tomorrow?" JiAh asked.

"i guess so..we don't have a choice." Junho said. the windows to the classrooms were high on the walls so the cleaners won't be able to see if there is anyone in the classrooms before they lock them. Junho and JiAh sat side to side on a desk each. "i feel like we should get to know each other. we can't get out anytime soon." JiAh offered. "s-sure.." Junho was starting to stutter out of nervousness again. "why do you stutter?" JiAh asked. "i-i don't know.." Junho stuttered again. "is it something i can't know?" JiAh asked. "maybe..i-i really d-don't know how t-to tell you." Junho said. "you know i really wanna be friends with you. we can be friends and perhaps tell me the reason why you keep stuttering..i know there's some problems-"

"i'm fine JiAh , you don't h-have to bother a-about my stuttering." Junho said. "yah! i was just trying to be your friend and a nice girl but you keep avoiding my words. how am i gonna be closer to a guy i like at this rate?" JiAh blurted out ; awkward silence filled the classroom. Junho was flustered but happy after finding out his crush likes him. "well , aren't you gonna say anything after my sudden confession?" JiAh asked Junho who was smiling to himself. Junho wanted to accept and be her boyfriend badly but he was afraid people will judge her for having him as a boyfriend. afterall , he was seen as a nerd while she was more of a popular girl.

"if i knew i wouldn't have an answer , i wouldn't have said anything." JiAh sighed. "i-i wanna be your boyfriend but , i don't think i d-deserve to. you deserve someone else." Junho said. "why not? you're handsome , you're kind , you're smart and most importantly , you're my type." JiAh blushed. "you're my type too.." Junho said. "but i'm too scared to accept. i don't want anyone to judge you." "you have no confidence." JiAh said. "it's just , everytime i like someone and confess to her , she always rejects me. and no one ever confessed to me. it's like , like a-" "trauma? is that why you never wanted to try and confess to me?" JiAh asked. "yeah.." Junho said. "i'll get your confidence up and be your first crush to accept you. would you take that offer?" JiAh asked and Junho hesitated. "don't you trust me?" JiAh asked. "i do." Junho replied immediately. "then i'd say we start. aren't you taken aback by my surprise confession?" JiAh asked with a smirk. "i liked it , you're surprise confession." Junho gave JiAh a hug with a wide smile plastered on his face.

——————————————————————
A/N : not much Angst here so i think i failed big time but the Angst part is where Junho doesn't have confidence to be with JiAh.