Seungwoo-My Love Pt. 1

Genre : Angst

Song : Lee Hi My Love (Scarlet Heart OST)

requested by ddeung

third person's pov
Seungwoo was waiting for y/n at the park with everything ready for his proposal. holding the mini bouquet in his hand nervously , he waited for y/n to arrive. on the other hand y/n was taking the taxi to the park Seungwoo asked to meet. her eyes were glued her phone while the driver drove her there when all of a sudden , a loud crash was heard and everything turned black instantly.

"she's taking longer than expected." Seungyeon told Seungwoo. "maybe there's a jam hogging her up , we should wait." Seungwoo smiled. he was hiding his worried feeling behind that smile. of course he's worried for her. she never turns up late for anything. just then , his phone rang and had '♡♡♡y/n♡♡♡' on the screen. picking up almost immediately , he was taken aback by the unfamiliar voice that was over the phone. "hello? is this a relative of y/f/n?" a lady asked. "yes , i'm her boyfriend. may i know who is this?" Seungwoo asked.

"i'm a nurse from the hospital , your girlfriend has gotten into a serious car accident and we need someone related to her to come down now. your number was on speed dial so we dialled you fi-" Seungwoo hung up and threw the flowers on the ground , running off to the hospital immediately. "Seungwoo hyung!" Seungyeon called after him but it was no use , Seungwoo already disappeared.

Seungwoo took the taxi and arrived at the hospital quickly , asking for details about the accident y/n was in. she was in the emergency room having surgery. "what happened?" Seungwoo asked a nurse. "a drunk man stepped on the pedal speeding past the red light and crashed into the taxi miss y/n was in. the taxi driver died on the spot and y/n was severely injured. the doctor is trying to save her." the nurse explained before rushing into the room. Seungwoo's legs gave in making him fall onto the ground. Seungyeon arrived not long later since he followed Seungwoo here and saw him on the ground. "hyung! what happened?" he asked.

"y/n..she's in there..critical.." he sobbed. Seungyeon knew how much Seungwoo loved her so he knew he had to comfort him instead of doing anything else now. "its okay , she'll pull through. you're out here waiting for her and she knows it." Seungyeon said while Seungwoo cried on his shoulder.

after hours passed by , the doctor came out of the surgery room. Seungwoo immediately got up from the seat and held the doctor's arm. "how is she?" he asked frantically. "i have both bad and good news." he said. "good news first please." Seungyeon said. "she survived , i managed to save her." he said. "thank god." Seungwoo sighed in relief. "bad news?" Seungyeon asked. "because she had a bad concussion , it damaged her nerve in her brain causing her to have memory loss. it might be temporary , but that's only a 20% chance. 80% chance her memory loss is permanent. don't have your hopes up high." the doctor said.

Seungwoo felt like his world just fell into a million pieces. "she'll be in the ICU ward for us to observe her for three days before she can be moved to a normal ward." the doctor left Seungwoo and Seungyeon alone. "this is not possible..how did a proposal become a car accident involving memory loss?" Seungwoo mumbled. "this is all my fault. if i didn't ask her to meet me at the park , she wouldn't have to take the taxi and get into a car accident.." Seungwoo started hitting himself. "hyung , it's something none of us could have prevented. stop blaming yourself. get yourself together and be by her side. she needs you the most now." Seungyeon said stopping Seungwoo who's tears started falling uncontrollably.

weeks later..

y/n was in coma for weeks ever since her car accident but the doctor told Seungwoo that her condition was stable enough to stay in a normal ward for now. Seungwoo never left her side for more than 15 minutes. he always talked to her , asked her questions , told her jokes , even though he'll never get an answer back. Seungyeon was coming to visit y/n today. "she awake?" he asked putting down the fruit basket he bought. Seungwoo just shaked his head as a response. "but i believe she can hear everything we say." Seungwoo smiled while looking at y/n. "i sure hope so." Seungyeon said. "you should go take a shower , i'll be here until you're done." Seungyeon said. Seungwoo reluctantly stood up and went to the bathroom to shower. just a minute after he stepped into the bathroom , Seungyeon yelled for Seungwoo. "hyung! hyung! y/n! her finger moved!" Seungwoo came out topless and ran to y/n's side. "y/n? can you hear me?" Seungwoo held her hand. "i'll go get the doctor." Seungyeon ran out of the room to get the doctor.

y/n opened her eyes and looked into Seungwoo's who was still holding her hand. he started tearing up ; tears of joy though. "y/n.." he sobbed , kissing her hand that had multiple tubes in it. it was hard to make out what expression she was making since she had the gas mask covering 3/4 of her face. when the doctor arrived , he examined her privately with the curtains drawn. Seungwoo and Seungyeon waited outside the curtains. after the doctor was done examining her , the nurse drew the curtains open and revealed y/n who had her gas mask removed. "she's fine now , but just keep in mind about her memory loss. whatever happened about 10 years ago , she won't remember it." the doctor said. Seungwoo sighed knowing y/n won't remember him as her boyfriend because they dated for 8 years before he wanted to propose to her. she might only remember him as a friend. "Seungwoo?" she asked. he hid his pain behind a smile and approached her. "hey y/n , you feeling okay?" he asked and she nodded. "not dead so i'm okay." she chuckled. "who's..this?" she asked looking at Seungyeon. she only met Seungyeon after she dated Seungwoo so Seungyeon is foreign to her. "hi , i'm Seungyeon , Seungwoo hyung's friend." Seungyeon smiled. "oh..hi Seungyeon." she smiled. "uh , oppa. i'm older than you." Seungyeon chuckled awkwardly. "oh , sorry." she said.

"y/n , i need you to know whatever happened before you wake up. it might be too much for you to take but feel free to stop me if you can't take it anymore." Seungwoo said pulling a chair to her bedside. "i'll leave you two alone and wait outside." Seungyeon said. "okay y/n. the most important thing that happened was your memory loss. how did it happened was because you were on your way to meet me in a taxi that got into an accident causing a bad concussion on your head , therefore leading to your memory loss." Seungwoo said. "i lost my memories?" y/n asked and Seungwoo nodded. "whatever happened 10 years ago , you won't remember it." he said. "so..what happened 10 years ago?" she asked with a chuckle. "well , we started becoming friends for 2 years until i asked you out. then we started dating for 8 years which eventually led me to- nevermind." Seungwoo didn't want to tell her about his proposal idea since he thought it might be too much for her. "i dated you?" she asked and he nodded. "8 years , all gone just like that." Seungwoo sighed. "i'm sorry , but the thought of dating you is a little- no really weird for me." y/n said. "that's alright , i'm willing to spend another 8 years just to get back to how we were before." Seungwoo said. "i hope i'll remember everything i have to." y/n giggled.

"let me just say something i've wanted to tell you weeks ago." Seungwoo held her hand and took a deep breath in. "will you marry me? waking up every morning with you in my bed , that's precisely what i plan to do." Seungwoo looked into y/n's eyes which was filled with confusion. "but then again , i think i'll have to save those words until we go back to how we were before." he sighed.

———————————————————————