Look Alike

In the later hours of the day, night on Stevie's side of things, she gazed out the window with a shawl like blanket around her shoulders as she watched the ocean waves crashing from her bedroom window. As she stood there, she tried so hard to recall something, even about the crash because there was only light damage to her body; she was really sore, but she knew nothing was wrong with her, besides the fact that she hit her head. And she really had no idea where she was; none of it looked familiar while she didn't recognize any of it anyway. The only thing she could easily tell; it was freezing cold---even when she came out of the ocean.

She knew that losing her memory was the worst thing that could've happened to her and it made her feel worse that she couldn't remember her children---she'd only seen a couple photos of them and only them.

Pretty soon, she looked down, noticing kids coming out of a car with a woman who had to be Brian's sister, Maya, and she was holding, who must have been, Sofia.

According to Brian, they had three kids; two older teenage boys and a small baby girl.

"Sam, the kids are here!" Brian yelled from downstairs.

Stevie looked over her shoulder, realizing the reality of her new life; she was a wife and mother to the children she couldn't even remember. "I'm coming," she responded, not as loudly as he did.

Meanwhile downstairs, Brian was allowing his sister, Maya in along with his sons.

"So, when did Sam get back?" his sister asked.

"Um, this morning..." he mumbled.

"Well, that's good. I hope you guys get to work things out... I mean--" she stopped. Looking up at the woman coming down the stairs, she was a little stunned to say the least. She could have sworn it was Stevie Nicks, but at the same time---she thought it was her sister in-law. "Stevie," she mumbled to herself.

"Huh?" the blonde looked up, touching her head only because she got an echo of that in the back of her head.

"You alright?" Brian let his hand press to the small of her back.

"What did you call me?" she asked, squinting only because it felt like it resonated.

"Sammy," he answered in place of his sister.

Stevie looked up and she looked at the woman.

"Sammy, I said," Maya smiled. "Sam," she shrugged.

"Oh..." she trailed, though grinned at the sight of the baby. "I'm a little off---I have amnesia... So this is Maya, your sister?" she asked, reaching out to shake her hand.

"Yeah, this is Maya," he smiled, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "Brandon, Roman," he gestured to the fifteen and thirteen year old.

"And this must be Sofia," she grinned more prominently, stepping forward to take the one year old girl.

"Mma..." the baby beamed, playing with the long blonde strands.

"Yeah," he smiled.

"Bri, can I..." Maya spaced, staring at the woman. "Can I talk to you outside, please?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "Kids, keep your mother company."

The boys agreed and came forward to hug her only because they missed her and it was over their head that it wasn't her. Not to mention, if they weren't totally convinced that was their mother, they would say nothing because she at least seemed like her.

Stevie pulled her hair to one side, happy to see the little girl---stunned by her innocent beauty and also wondering how long she had been gone because she had never asked while her sons were all over her.