Mesmerized

As Lindsey laid in bed at the hotel, keeping his arm elevated as he was told to, he pulled the antenna to his mobile phone in and out, unsure of what he needed to be doing with his time other than resting.

Part of him really wanted to go and be apart of the search party, but being the nice Greenlandic people they were, they told him they would handle everything.

The truth was, they were extremely nice, being as helpful as they could be although Lindsey was too vulnerable to see such things.

All the guitarist could do at the time was think about his wife and their life together as he dosed off and on, fading in and out of the local news channel.

Nineteen-sixty-six... he thought. I met the prettiest most brave girl in school at whatever little "Mormon party" as Stevie would say, the youth group gathering our parents made us go to to be more sociable. I was playing California Dreamin' on the guitar when she came up and started singing out of nowhere... Then before she left, she kissed me... If Stevie was here, she would object to that but claims she probably did. Brave... he smirked to himself. I never saw her again, not for two years but I never forgot that voice and the way she harmonized with me and I didn't see her mostly because by the end of that year, she graduated but since she was local, I got a hold of her and asked her to join my band because I didn't know how else to approach her without being awkward... That was nineteen-sixty-seven, going into sixty-eight that she agreed, though we did begin to date.

We're in a band called Fritz, opening for Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin---we did this for three years as we studied at San Jose State College and nobody knew we were dating yet because she was off limits as the only girl in the band. During one of these shows in nineteen-seventy, a man comes up to us and tells us we need to fire our band because apparently only Stevie and I would be the ones to make it. It's all we wanted so yes, we fired the band... Still studying Speech Communication, Stevie continued her studies as long as her parents supported her. When we got the sudden offer to do a record in L.A., her parents withdrew financial support. In L.A., we're working on these ten tracks with everything we had while she worked two or three waitress jobs and we got signed to a record company called Polydor. A nightmare in the making.

In the end of nineteen-seventy, we finally told everybody we had secretly been dating and then in March of nineteen-seventy-one, we got married. Around that time, Stevie had our first child; Amarice, our oldest child who is twenty-four. Raising a baby, trying to work on music while also earning money was a chore but we did well for not asking for help. Our parents were happy to babysit. In nineteen-seventy-three, we created our first album; Buckingham Nicks... Two years worth of perfecting and three months later, Polydor dropped it while we're on tour. Safe to say, our parents told us to take a break, work on our family. Stevie went back to work, back to school and by the end of nineteen-seventy-two, we had our first son; Eli who is twenty-three. Two children, still crushed about what happened with our record we worked so hard on, we we're depressed. In nineteen-seventy-four, she gave birth to our second son, Lance who's twenty-two. We made a lot of jokes about starting a band with our kids. In the end of nineteen-seventy-four, we got a strange call from our record producer, Keith, about a man named Mick Fleetwood who was in need of a guitarist...

As good as the deal sounded, Stevie and I had never heard of them and as supportive as she was, I didn't want to move into a band without her. I mean, it wasn't just my dream. It was our dream. I told Mick, "If you take me, you gotta take my wife too." All he wanted to make sure was that the female pianist was alright with it and if so, all would be well. We met for dinner at a Mexican cantina... The pianist, Christine, she and Stevie hit it off immediately.

New Year's Day, nineteen-seventy-five, we were official band members of a band called Fleetwood Mac and that year, we released an album and it was a hit. Nothing but success, but in the late seventies, early eighties, Stevie wanted more as an avid songwriter and so she got a hook up with Tom Petty and his director, directed her and she sky rocketed. It was good for us, we went from poor with three kids to rich almost overnight and it was needed. And during the year of nineteen-eighty, Stevie would be pregnant with our fourth and final child; our baby girl who's fifteen, Rhea. A blessing in disguise. Our worrier, he sighed in thought. Our worrier....