Coherency

As she was washed up onto the ocean, she could feel that she was closer to the dry sand and she used that as her advantage, wanting to get near to the mountain that was just another 20 feet away. When she settled in the spot she was aiming for, she hugged herself, trying to stay warm.

Although, as she stayed sitting, her vision became blurrier and blurrier, watching as the ocean washed over the crashed plane she knew she had come from, but nobody else was around and she didn't know how she got there.

Without another sigh, she shut her eyes as the blood ran down the side of her face and she collapsed to her side, head resting on the edge of the mountain.

Stevie had begun telling her story; how she washed up on shore to being with, how she ended up in the doctor's home and how he had started telling her all about "her" life.

Lance and Eli were livid to say the least---they didn't like the idea of their mother being with another man that wasn't their father nor the idea of a man lying to her about who she was; he had completely taken advantage of her from their perspective.

Amarice didn't lose her head as quickly as her brothers and she stayed listening to everything her mother had to say; taking in the fact that he had treated her humanely and she was relieved that her mom was okay.

And even as far as they got into the story, Rhea didn't really say anything because she didn't really have a voice to speak up with when it came to her brothers talking over each other, her father talking over them and Amarice trying to maintain communication with her mother. She simply observed.

The singer then sighed, a little nervous as she continued hearing them debate about everything that had gone on and she looked over at her husband.

He rose his brows at her.

"There's something else I have to tell you guys..." she mentioned, on the quiet side although she had everybody's attention.

Stevie was a quiet and calm person and if she had to raise her voice, she would. Between herself and Lindsey, all they had to do was clear their throat and begin whatever it was they were going to say and they had everybody's attention. Especially their children, considering they had raised their kids to be more than respectful to their elders and despite their feelings over the last year---they normally conformed to their parents.

That being said, she had the room and everybody was looking at her.

Lindsey watched her nerves eat at her.

Despite her never being nervous with her children, being by herself almost all the time, not having to really see anybody other than whom she thought to be her family, she was having some insecurities with her actual family---as if they didn't know who she was or something.

Much to their dismay, their mother was a tad more timid than they remembered and they couldn't figure out why she was so shy and slow to speak up when she had her memory back after a year. Normally she was outrageously loud and wild.

"So, the thing in which I haven't brought up quite yet is the fact that I do have to go back to Greenland next week..." she paused, biting her bottom lip as she averted her eye contact, only rubbing her youngest daughter's hand as she explained.

"What?"

"Why?"

Both boys replied at the same time.

"What do you mean?" Amarice reached over she touched her mom's knee.

Rhea only looked up at her, never having let her go since she had returned.

The teenager was 16, although since she was little she had to be the one to sit next to Stevie, even as a near adult, everybody knew her designated seat was next to their mom. It was how Lance and Eli were whenever their grandmothers, Barbara and Ruth came and how Amarice was with their grandfather, Jess and father. Every kid had a person to claim in the family.