Dead End

Lindsey had remained in California since he had returned a little over two months ago; he had stayed to let his arm fully recover, but due to the reaction of his children and not wanting to leave Rhea alone, he stayed longer while Karen, Lori, Sharon and Christopher went back and forth between Greenland and the United States for any possible leads on his wife. At that point, it was just better for the father of four to be home with his children.

It was around seven p.m. in Greenland when the Chinese food Stevie had ordered had gotten delivered, which meant it was around three in the afternoon in California.

However, the delivery man who had been spooked by Stevie, having thought he had seen her on the news didn't tell his boss till almost an hour later. Ultimately, the manager in charge of the place called the police to tip them off and around three in the afternoon, Lindsey was called. 

"We have a possible lead on your wife, Stephanie Buckingham..."

"Are you serious?" Lindsey asked, excitement in his voice considering it was the best news he could have heard in the last few weeks. "My wife's assistant happens to be there in Greenland. I'll call her now."

"Sure. Just know, we were only tipped off that it could be her. We're not sure yet, so I can give her a call and then we can have a detective go and see. Although. we can't get our hopes up. People tend to confuse people for others, but we're obligated to let you know," he explained. 

"I understand," he agreed. "Thank you so much."

"Of course, Mr. Buckingham. We'll be in touch..."

Once the man hung up, Lindsey decided to give his sister in-law a call in order to relay the news that Karen might be getting a call.

He paced back and forth almost in a manic matter, trying to figure out what he should do next. 

He was told not to get his hopes up so no matter how excited he was, he was pretty sure he shouldn't share the news with his kids. Although, he had a lot of faith and hope that it was his wife, their mother they had found. 

There had been a lot of push and pull with her name as well; to the media, to her fans she was known as Stevie Nicks, in more private things like doctor's appointments, PTA meetings; she was Stephanie Buckingham. It wasn't the best alias but it surely helped her get around her life for simple day to day things as a mother. 

Suddenly, Rhea walked into her parents' room and she was shocked to see him up and walking around.

He had almost fully recovered as far as his shoulder went although, not having his wife around surely depressed him that he wasn't as present as he normally was. He either locked himself in the studio to listen to music on repeat or her slept in the room, hoping that at any point he would awaken for the nightmare that they were living.

"Is everything okay, daddy?" she wondered.

"Um, kind of..." he hesitated and sighed, not wanting to tell her about the news he had received only because, surely, he did not want to get her hopes up. 

"Did they find my mom?" she then questioned, eyes going wide. 

"Honey, I don't want to get your hopes up, mine for that matter. But it's a big possibility that they did find your mom... But please, don't tell your brothers or sister, I don't want them to be upset if it turns out not the be her..."

She nodded and she stepped forward, hugging her father.

He caressed her warmly, hoping for the absolute best within the situation. 

---

Karen and Lori were chatting in the hotel room, getting along like a couple of girlfriends would and they spoke over the situation, also hoping that the woman the delivery man had spotted was in fact Stevie.