Just a Dream

When Brian made his way down the stairs that very next morning, he noticed that his bride to be was sitting at the table, drinking tea it seemed as he was about to start his morning. 

"Hey, good morning..." he kissed the top of her head as he passed her in the dining room. Moving into the kitchen, he started to prepare the coffeemaker. "What are you doing up so early?"

She didn't reply, completely zoned out.

Since having a dream about the redhead she had just met the day before, Stevie was feeling pretty odd; she didn't feel comfortable for some reason and she couldn't place the issue she was having at all, but it definitely showed as she was extremely quiet that morning. Not to mention, restless.

"Honey?" he called out to her after a second of realizing that she was thinking awfully hard about something. He finished what he was doing and then walked over, settling his hand on her shoulder as he took a seat next to her. "Honey?"

She looked over at him finally, acknowledging him gently. "Hm?" she hummed. 

He smirked. "What's on your mind? You're very quiet and well, I don't know... You seem to be all over the place."

She shook her head, bringing her tea cup to her lips. "I'm fine..."

"Are you sure?" he wondered. "You know... You can tell me if you're having cold feet about the wedding and everything..."

"No, it's not that. There's nothing I want more than a wedding and to start over... It's just, I had a weird dream last night and I'm tryna figure it out... It didn't even seem like a dream. It was like a memory, but watching it as a movie..."

"Well, what was it about? Come to think of it, I remember you getting up in the middle of the night, I was just really asleep..."

"Remember, I told you, I met some new friends at the market yesterday?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "You didn't really mention much, but yeah."

"I had a dream about one of them... Which was interesting. I don't know them, y'know... But this lady and I were having a conversation like we had known each other forever. What was odd was that, in person she kept telling me I looked like her sister in-law and then in the dream, she was telling me I was going to be her sister in-law..."

"Maybe it just stuck with you..." he kind of shrugged. 

"But I do take things into consideration... She had red hair and if... Don't laugh now, but if memory serves me correctly, people that have red hair, who show up in dreams usually signify courage. Like I'm about to reach a goal I've been after. For me, it has to be attaining real friends, being more in touch with myself... Y'know?"

"Well, that's interesting. Maybe, it's plausible," he agreed.

"Mhmm... It was just an odd dream. I was talking..." she paused, looking at her husband with sympathy before shaking her head. "Never mind..."

"No, tell me... Whatever is bothering you, you can tell me," he insisted.

She sighed deeply. "I was telling her about my husband, how much I loved him, how he was my best friend... But it wasn't you I was talking about. It was a man named Lindsey, I heard it very clearly."

He was struck instantly with fear.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to tell you that, there's no point to it. I shouldn't have told you that... I don't want to hurt you."

"No," he shook his head, bringing her hand to his lips. 

"I just thought it was weird, I said something about having four kids which... It was a dream, I was probably referring to Phoebe again, you know? Maybe I am taking it out of context and it really is just a dream," she shrugged. "It was just weird. And I guess she was marrying some guy and it was my brother."