Sleeping Angel

When the next morning would arrive, Brian would make his way down the stairs only to find Stevie sleeping on the couch.

The evening before, she didn't feel exactly comfortable sleeping with Brian in the same bed, knowing full and well he was trying to sleep with her, but she didn't want him to be obnoxious about it all night so, she took a small nap while he fell into a deep slumber just to appease him and then from there, she made her way down the stairs with her purse and throw blanket to lay on the couch to sleep easier.

She knew full and well, Lindsey would have been upset for just staying the night. But she didn't want to be caught in the same room, much less the same bed.

"Stevie?" Brian nudged her gently.

She kind of jolted and she opened one of her eyes, watching him zip his sweatshirt up. "Hm?"

"What are you doing down here?"

"Couldn't sleep," she lied. "You're going for your run?"

"Yeah, but I'll be back to take the boys. Maya is supposed to come over too..."

"That's fine, so is Karen," she nodded. "Are you working today?"

"Just a few hours. Till about eleven this morning and then I'll be back and see some patients towards evening."

She nodded, "I have stuff to discuss with you and the boys. But we'll talk when you get back, I'm gonna get up now," she pushed herself up and she sighed, smoothing her hair down.

He swallowed a tad hard, knowing what she wanted to discuss was going to be serious; it was regarding their situation of where the kids would be going.

"I wanna make the kids breakfast and make myself look a little better before Sofia wakes up and everybody comes because I know I won't have time," she commented more to herself than anything considering she was barely awake.

He looked down and kind of smiled, "Suit yourself... I don't think anybody cares what you look like, we care that you're here..."

She shrugged. "Well, anyway... Have a good workout."

"Thanks, I'll be back soon," he patted her shoulder before picking up his pager and keys.

After he left, the singer then gave herself that final push to get up that morning and she forced herself to the kitchen to make coffee and start making something for her boys to eat, knowing they probably hadn't had anything too nutritious since she left.

Once she got coffee started, she picked up the phone in order to call her assistant, knowing the woman would surely be awake.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me. Brian just took off and I'm up so if you're ready to come by, go for it."

"Sounds good. I have your bags in the car. I wasn't sure what to bring so far so you can go through everything."

"Alrighty. Let me think..." she paused, counting on her fingers. "Four, three, two, one, twelve..." she mumbled. "It's like eleven-thirty at night at home. Lindsey should be awake so I'm gonna call him really quick."

"Okay, boss. I'll be right over. You want me to stop and grab you anything?"

"No, I got everything over here."

"Okay, I'll see you soon."

"Mhmm," she agreed, hanging up a second after. She then went on to dialing her home and for a moment, she totally blanked---frustrated considering she had just called the night before. "Okay... What is it?" she sighed, jiggling her leg out of nerves. "Oh..." she shook her head to herself, relieved that it came back to her easily. She then brought it back to her ear to let it ring.