Watch the Sun Rise

After messing around in the water for a short amount of time, the couple made their way out and they warmed up with a blanket they had brought with them and set to the side for their walk.

They weren't counting on getting into the water, although they had brought the blanket because they had planned on watching the sun rise that morning.

Once the singer was nice and warm considering her clothes were wet, Brian put his sweatshirt back on and that alone warmed him up.

"Still cold?" he wondered, wrapping his arm around her.

"I could be warmer," she smirked. "I feel like I shouldn't complain considering I started it."

"We had fun... I would soak it in. I know it's gonna get pretty warm today..." he added, rubbing her back gently.

"So, in light of not talking about bad things or the bad of the past... I still have quite a few questions left in me that I haven't asked you... I already asked you how long we've been together... but, how did we meet?" she wondered, pushing him down in order to lay next to him. "Where by chance? You said we moved here..."

"Right so..." he smirked. "It's kind of a long story. So since I was a kid, I knew I was going to be studying to be a doctor. Dream my parents wanted for me, something I was actually interested in despite the push but I was studying. I'm from Lynchburg, Virginia... Kind of a country boy at heart," he shrugged. "But uh, I was going to a convention for some studies and it took me to San Diego, California. During some of the off days---since it was during the summer---some buddies of mine wanted to go to the beach and I happened to tag along and I saw you; you were reading a book... You were wearing a one piece bathing suit, I always remember it was red..."

"How Baywatch of me," she joked.

"I know," he smirked, sitting up with her as he thought back to some details. "But you had a little cover up around your waist... You wore these sunglasses, they were aviators but shaped like hearts and they had pink lenses... Your hair was in low pig tails..." he smirked. "I just remember thinking you were cute," he added. "You at some point noticed me too... You were just better reserved than me and the guys. You were eating a popsicle... I just remembered, you grabbed my attention because you were blasting music. You had a little battery operated radio and... you were playing..." he paused, trying to think of the song.

He blanked totally as he thought back to what Samantha played on the beach that day; and if he recalled well, it was a Fleetwood Mac song; "Go Your Own Way" to be exact considering it was one of the only songs being played in 1977.

"What song was it?" she smirked.

"It was the Bee Gees. You were blasting Stayin' Alive," he smirked, twisting things around a bit.

"How funny..." she smirked. "I had this gut feeling I was into music. I get a kick out of records every time I see them... The Eagles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin..."

"Yeah, you like music a lot..." he paused. "Anyway, me and the guys were surfing and just hanging out. You caught light of that... You started watching us among some other girls and the guys pointed it out. That's when I noticed you were watching and..." he chuckled. "I tried to do a simple trick but I was so focused on showing off, looking at you that the board flew out from under me and it came down and it hit me in the head."

"Oh, my God," she gasped.

"Yep," he nodded, recalling the blow easily. "And because we were still students, my friends totally freaked out. Even though they had assisted in some medical emergencies, they really freaked out but I was calm and I remember trying not to go to sleep. They said they helped me back to shore, there for some reason was no lifeguard on deck, and they said that you ran over first and you checked me---using your little cover up to dab the blood while one of them ran to get the phone. I passed out for only a minute, but when I woke up you were over me... You gave me mouth to mouth and from there we became friends."