Broken Heart

~ November 1, 1982 ~

Just two days after Matthew had been born, Robin passed away in her sleep on October fifth and due to Kim being all alone with his newborn son in the neonatal intensive care unit for the simple fact that he was premature, Stevie and Lindsey had taken an additional few days off to make sure he was set in the hospital considering everything was crashing down on the poor widower so quickly. But despite it all, the two had to work, no matter how sad they were, so by the tenth of October, they would return to finish their Mirage tour and by the 31st of the month, the night of their last show, they would be on their way home.

The plane flight alone gave Stevie some time to decompress after pushing through with whatever adrenaline she had left; she was completely devastated and there was no getting around such things; her best friend had died at the age of 34. They were young and it left her so confused. The past 19 years of friendship seemed like it had gone by in the blink of an eye and it left her heartbroken.

Although, Stevie was a wreck after Robin had died and it hadn't even been a month, she was doing better than Lindsey had initially thought she would, but he had to blame it on the fact that she was on a mission to be a mother to Matthew for the sake of Robin's last wishes as well as being a mother to her own children.

By afternoon, the couple would make it back to their home in the Pacific Palisades, overjoyed to not only be with their children, but happy to just be home for a little bit of time. 

Even though the singer's second solo album was in the works, she didn't have the energy to work on it and nobody blamed her; Lori and Sharon had also gotten close with Robin, so it was terrible news for them to receive as well.

As soon as the couple pulled into the courtyard, their kids were running out of the house with Barbara and Jess keeping their eyes on their youngest grandchild, also waiting to see how their daughter would be doing.

"Hi, mom!" Amarice smiled gently at her mother and she hugged her tightly. 

"Hey, baby girl," she said softly, kissing the top of her daughter's head, swiping her thick brown hair. 

"Are you still so sad, mommy?" she wondered, taking in the woman's brown eyes. 

Stevie smiled ever so lightly and she shook her head. "Your mommy's heart is completely broken into pieces, my love," she bent down to lift Rhea into her arms and she pressed a kiss to her head. "The way you love your sister... That's how mommy loved your Auntie Robin. So much..."

The 11 year old nodded her head gently, feeling ever so bad for her mother that she walked forward and she wrapped her arms around her waist and squeezed her.

Rhea patted the top of her sister's head considering she had the ability to do so from her height.

Tilting her head back, the singer allowed for the autumn air to engulf her for the moment and she sighed to herself as she held her daughters. Robin, this should be you ten years from now... she thought. Your babies should be surrounding you and showering you with hugs and kisses...

The boys then greeted their mom, a little more interested in their father at the moment, still more involved with their grandparents considering they were having lunch.

Once the boys were settled in the house with their grandparents, Lindsey came back outside to his girls standing huddled together. 

"Hey, ladies?" he walked over, pulling Rhea out of his wife's arms.