When Fates Collide

"Y'know, if you want to, you and Lindsey can go hang out and we'll take care of the baby for you..." Sharon mentioned, wanting to give the couple a chance to talk alone considering they really never got that opportunity.

"Um..." Stevie hesitated, looking at Sofia, then looking at Lindsey. "Sure... Is that what you wanna do, Linds?" she wondered.

"Only if you want to, honey... I know you're probably busy, but..." he trailed.

"No, sweetheart, we'll go. We should catch up and talk," she agreed, knowing she couldn't place her new family ahead of her actual family. "Let me just grab some shoes and a jacket and we'll go. I have the car..."

"You drive?" he wondered.

"Oh, yeah..." she lingered. "I guess, I do... I have Samantha's license so that's really illegal of me, but I mean, obviously I know how to drive."

"Well, I don't have a license here so, I will have to trust you," he smirked.

"Hey, I drive great. I just don't have to anymore. What is also odd, a lot of things from my youth have come back to me; I've been feeling like I'm in my twenties and I am so not, but..." she trailed in thought. "I mean, you taught me how to drive and when Brian told me I had a car, I got in and just drove like nothing."

All four of them watched the blonde as she spoke and they were all able to tell she was going through a lot.

"I'm super in my head right now and the only way I can describe this is; it's like a parallel universe. It's like I had a life I was living, which is true, I ran into this life and now that everybody is in the same time and place between these kids and Brian and then all of you---it's like a mirage. It's crazy. Two of my worlds have collided and it's a lot for me to take in. I'm grateful that we're all here together but it's a little stressful."

"We get it..." Sharon assured. "Well, we don't get it, but we understand you."

"Yes, and Stevie, you need to take all the time you need. Whether you are excited to see your kids and go home, y'know? There's a lot to settle around here..." Lori added.

"I was thinking, we can always head home and we'll let the kids know what's going on and I'm sure they'll be happy to know you're well," her brother mentioned.

She swallowed a little hard, though she nodded. "I don't want to keep you guys from your lives at all. There's quite a bit I need to figure and that we need to discuss," she looked at her spouse, hinting whatever they were to talk about was important.

He nodded, not expecting anything less.

Sofia came running back into the living room, handing Sharon one of her dolls to play with her.

Stevie watched her and she grinned.

"She looks just like Amarice," Lori brought up.

"She does... I had no doubt these children were mine. When Brian first told me we had three kids, I passed out, not gonna lie. I panicked but that was probably also having to do with my concussion at the time. Maya brought them home and the moment I looked into their faces, I knew they were mine... Brandon looks like Brian with his green eyes and dark brown hair, but part of his face like his lips and face shape are all me... Well, Samantha. Roman has my nose, blond hair and it's shaggy and again, the face shape... And this one, obviously, you see what I see..." she paused. "To know these aren't mine..." she lingered, fighting tears once more.

Lindsey did nothing but settle his arm around her shoulders, reeling her into himself in order to be of comfort and he kissed the top of her head.

"This is so hard..." she claimed.