Telepathic Shock

~ 6 Months Later ~

"Did you tell Lindsey we were leaving?" Lori asked her sister in-law's assistant.

"Yeah," she nodded, looking between Sharon and the redhead. "He knows. He's pretty focused on Rhea... The rest of the kids are gonna try to get him out of the house tonight."

"I hope they work some magic, he hasn't left in four months..." the redhead said, rubbing her hands together.

"Oh, my God... I thought you guys took him out last week?" Sharon wondered.

"We tried but he wouldn't budge. Christopher tried to get him out of the house, he's barely left his room... He's not doing well. I think he's starting to believe she's gone."

"Well, nobody has said anything like that. They're still searching for her," Karen assured.

"It's been a year... I'm sure I'd be tired and stressed if that was my spouse..." the raven haired woman sighed. "She's one of my best friends... The logical thing to do is give up, but I don't think she's gone."

"Knowing Stevie, she would have started haunting us already," the redhead assured.

Sharon smirked.

"I will do what I can with Lindsey," Karen mentíoned. "But will you guys be okay traveling?"

"It's nothing, we traveled with Fleetwood Mac and Stevie in the seventies and eighties. We should be fine. We're gonna check into the hotel, meet up with the investigator and probably get something to eat. You have been doing so much back and forth, it's an easy task... We're just following up."

"I think it would be good for you to catch up on some rest yourself," Lori added, patting the woman's shoulder. "Maybe hang out with your husband for a change... I'm sure the boys will be able to get Lindsey out of the house."

Karen nodded. "I just don't want him to drink..."

"Has he been drinking?" Sharon wondered, her voice in a whisper.

"Not like crazy, but I remember Stevie mentioning he doesn't drink often unless he's home..."

"Right, he gets a little out of control. He doesn't like being out of control of himself," Lori assured. "He's been doing a lot of crying with Christopher when he drinks..."

The girls were slightly at a dead end, they didn't know how to help the grieving man.

"I would have asked him to come to Greenland with us, but I already know he's gonna say no."

"I know, he's not leaving the kids unless we go there and are sure we are coming home with her, he told me..." Karen added.

Sharon nodded.

"This is just getting so tough, y'know? It's been a year and it's like she vanished into thin air," Lori mentioned. "Isn't it crazy?"

They agreed.

"I mean, somebody's gotta know something. The population isn't that big... Maybe they should start questioning people who live near the beach. Nuuk only populates a little over ten thousand people..." she continued.

"I don't know what else we can do other than keep checking on things..." Karen assured. "The kids are really torn up about their mom but they seem to be getting along better than Lindsey. Other than staying on Greenland authorities, being here for everybody..."

"There's not much else to do other than keep faith," Sharon shrugged, glancing down at her watch. "Lori, we should get going. We'll miss our flight."

"Yeah, come on," she said with sympathy as she rolled her suitcase along the foyer.