Twisting the Knife

As it was getting later that evening, Lindsey was beginning to feel uncomfortable the more time they spent at the house with Stevie. The reason being was that, not only did he witness her go into Mom Mode so effortlessly with children that weren't even hers, but she stayed talking to Brian like normal.

Realistically, the only difference within their relationship thus far, they didn't physically touch each other anymore.

From Sharon and Lori's perspective, Stevie seemed to be treating him just like any other male friend that she had; she was friendly and talkative even after scolding about the wrong doings that may or may not have been committed.

She was in fact keeping her distance although, she was talking to him because she had to, but it bothered Lindsey to say the least.

After talking to Brandon and Roman, Stevie started making arrangements, having them get their homework done although it took her focus off of her husband completely.

Brian did manage to take care of Sofia just to give Stevie some time with her family, although the little girl was not having that idea and she clung to the blonde as though she knew the woman was planning on leaving.

"I think we should go..." Lindsey mentioned just above a whisper, watching as Brian and Stevie fussed over small things with Sofia.

"What do you mean?" Lori asked. "I mean, I understand you're not all that comfortable. But what are we supposed to do?" she asked. "We can't just leave..."

"Yeah, we can. It's obvious she's got her hands full," he assured.

"I think she's just tired. She's had a crazy day," Stevie mentioned, not having heard Lindsey's comment. "Dinner's almost here. I'm gonna try to get her to settle down..."

"Okay," Brian assured, then looking at the crowd of people in his leaving room. "Need help?"

"No, I got it. I'm gonna go put on the T.V. for her. Food should be here before she can fall asleep. I'll be back," she then kind of glanced at Lindsey.

He kind of smiled at her in response, looking at her with a bit of sympathy only because he could tell she was slightly frustrated from the baby not listening to her.

She kind of smirked in return and made her way up the stairs.

The four of them stayed within their conversation although, Lindsey was quiet and Brian took notice of such things from the distance.

The doctor walked over and made his way over, settling his hand on his hip before going forth with anything and finally, he sighed and made eye contact. "Excuse me, Lindsey?" he cleared his throat.

Lori went silent while Sharon and Christopher stayed chatting.

"Yeah?" Lindsey looked up.

"Can I have a minute?" he wondered, hesitation in his voice as he gestured to his office.

"Uh, sure..." Lindsey stood, making his way to follow the man easily.

Brian opened the door and he allowed him in first, then shutting the door behind the both of them, he stayed quiet.

The guitarist slipped each of his hands into his pockets rather casually as he stood there and waited with slight apprehension.

It wasn't that he was nervous, but the general situation was making him slightly stressed and annoyed.

"What can I do for you?" he wondered.

"I wanted to start off by just apologizing for everything that I have caused you and your family this last year. I know it doesn't really mean much, just an apology... But I am sorry," he explained on the timid side because he didn't know how to atone for what he had done.