Drowning

Between Lindsey, Christopher and the two back-up singers, they were shocked---trying to pick their jaws up from the ground.

Lindsey stood when she turned to face the crowd of people knowing he had her attention despite their falling out just two days before. 

She looked over at him and she was suddenly sympathy filled when she looked at him, although, what furthered her attention was the sound of Denise and Amanda snickering which made her turn back towards Brian.

"You lied to me..." she claimed, throwing her flowers down to the ground. 

Brian was speechless; he had not even an idea of what to say to her when he knew he was in the wrong.

Maya was quiet only because she wasn't sure how dire her words were needed; the situation was grave enough and it was the moment she had been waiting for although, she had expected them to be married at first.

Lori and Sharon felt extremely bad because they knew she was going to have memory of everything she had experienced as well as her actual memory.

"Why would you lie to me?" she wondered.

"I didn't know it was you..." he hesitated. "When I first found you on the beach, I thought you were my wife... I thought she had come back and due to all her mental health issues, I wasn't exactly surprised to have found her that way but then I realized, once I brought you home that it wasn't Samantha..." he explained, never looking her in the eyes. "And I lied because I panicked and I needed help," he sighed, looking out to the crowd of people. "My wife left me and the kids just a few months after Sofia was born and she never came back. Maybe it was due to mental health problems, maybe it was because our marriage was falling apart-- I don't know," he shook his head. "But it didn't matter anyway, I was really trying to get you to recuperate and I slowly but surely began to fall in love with you and I wanted to be with you..."

"And all this?" she questioned of the ceremony. "You asked me to marry you so I would have a memory, you said, but was it really? Or was it to lock me into marriage?" she wondered. 

"No, I really wanted to marry you. I loved you... I still do."

She was rather fed up by that point and she shook her head, looking just behind her to see her kids. "I loved you too, Brian, you treated me so well, but my guilt is what grew around my love. You made me believe that I not only abandoned you but my children..." she trailed, tears instantly filling her eyes when she realized that was also a lie. "These aren't my kids and you made be believe they were... How am I supposed to recover from something like that?"

"I know, I-- I don't know and I am so sorry for lying to you, but you have to believe me," he stepped forward. "I stopped calling you Sam after awhile because I love you, Stevie. So many times, I almost called you by your name and so many times did I want to tell you the truth, but it was so late in the game---I just couldn't."

"Oh, no... You could have. You just didn't want to," she sighed, turning toward the group at the back of her wedding.

Lindsey started walking forward, towards the middle of the aisle only because he knew it was time; she needed him.

Stevie jogged lightly back up the aisle and she threw her arms around his neck, embracing him tightly. "I'm so sorry..." she shook her head. "You tried so hard to make me remember, you and the girls," she sighed.

"Stevie, it's not your fault and I am not trying to blame anybody," he swiped the side of her face. "I was just afraid you'd never recall anything again," he assured. "I almost didn't show up today, but I'm glad I did..."

"Me too," she rested her head on his shoulder.

He buried his face right in the crook her neck and suddenly, he felt whole again.