Forgiven

Instead of being cheerful and happy that Christmas morning like Stevie had thought it would be, her nightmare was really coming true and she knew well Brian wasn't going to make it. She knew something bad was going to happen the moment she dreamed of a wedding.

Sitting in the lobby, she had left Brian to be with Maya while she contemplated her next decisions considering all she could think about was the kids and how she was going to tell them such things; especially Sofia, she wasn't sure if she was supposed to bring her or not. 

Despite having been "married" to a doctor for a year, being taught so many things by him considering she did find his work interesting, her words meant nothing in the hospital. Even though she had seen the CT results herself and was able to make a diagnosis, it didn't really help the situation considering a neurologist had to make that diagnosis. 

"Hey, Brian's calling for you," Maya mentioned. 

The blonde jumped up and she passed by the woman in order to get to him because although she was stressed, part of her was also feeling guilty and she knew she needed to be there for him.

Walking into the room quickly, she immediately grabbed a hold of his hand and she held it between the two of hers. "Brian? I'm here..." she sniffled a tad, trying her best to keep her tears at bay. 

"Call my kids," he asked just above a whisper, having repeated what he last tried to tell her. 

"Okay... Sofia too?" she wondered. 

He stayed quiet and he creased his brow. 

"I don't know if that's such a great idea..." Maya commented. 

"I don't want Sofia to get freaked out," Stevie assured. 

"Please?" he whispered. "Before it's too late. Hearing's the last thing to go..."

"I know, sweetheart," she nodded, rubbing his hand. "Maya, can you call Lindsey for me, please?" she wondered. "I don't want to leave him..."

"Sure..." she took the cell phone and agreed by walking out of the room and into the corridor. 

By that point, the most that had been done was his whereabouts; they moved him to the intensive care unit.

Picking his hand up, she kissed the back of it as she released a fresh set of tears. 

"Why are you crying?" he asked.

"Because this is serious..." she bit her bottom lip, still taking in the fact that his eyes were shut as he spoke quietly. "I'm so sorry, Brian. I don't know what to do... I've talked to everybody. I called Dr. Distacio all the way in Greenland... He paged a colleague of his out here and he should be on his way. I told him about the results and he said it doesn't look good. There's not much they can do for you..."

"I appreciate it, but don't worry anymore," he replied. 

Her tears fell right down and she sighed to herself as she watched him lay in bed, unable to move most of his body.

The bleeding was slow enough that he could still carry on his sentences, his hearing was fine, but the rest of him felt weak and he couldn't open his eyes.

"I just want to say goodbye to my kids... To you," he assured. 

"Please, don't do this to me," she sighed. "Please," she shook her head. "This is hard enough as it is..."

"You have to know that I adore you, I will never not love you..."

"I love you too, Brian, I do," she replied, putting her head down.