Fantasy Land

~ June 2, 1975 ~

Within the first three months of having Lance, Stevie and Lindsey would have joined up with Mick Fleetwood and discussed the idea of joining the band Fleetwood Mac as a way for the duo to get where they needed to be in life. 

They had three children at that point and though they really sought after fame and success within their music and dreams, they really needed money and they hoped so that joining the band even if it was going to be a one-hit wonder type of deal, that they had something.

Christine McVie, the other gal in the band would simply fall in love with Stevie and her dry sense of humor and personality, that when they met there was no question whether she should or shouldn't join the band. It was a given, although the married couple had a lot to consider and of course, they had their kids' interest at heart, ahead of their wants out of life. They were taking a big risk, but both knew in their heart that it had to be done otherwise they would never know. 

But much to their dismay, the chemistry, the three part harmonies between Stevie, Lindsey and Christine would change their lives. The once British folk band would become one of the greatest British-American rock bands of all time.

After much trial and error in the studio, it would only take the group of five a few months to complete Fleetwood Mac: The White Album. It contained several songs that would lead them to their fame.

"So, how exciting is this?" Stevie beamed, swinging Lindsey's hand in hers. "On July eleventh, the record is gonna come out... On Lance's first birthday. That's gotta be something... Some kind of sign, no?"

"No, I agree," he shook his head with a smile. "We've worked so hard for this, Steph. This has to be it..."

"I can feel it in my bones that it is. I'm just so happy that they waited to hear from us. But Christine and John are married, so she understood the idea of family coming first, not to mention Mick."

"Right. I mean, on day one, I told him you were expecting and since there were complications, I knew we'd need more time..."

"I'm so grateful to you, I can't even tell you..." she stopped in her tracks, lacing her fingers through his as she leaned against the wall. 

"For what?" he furrowed his brow, placing his forearm against the wall just over her head as he looked down at her.

"For always thinking of me. Thinking of the kids... For being you and always being here. A lot of people talk and say young love doesn't last but look at us now... We've been together for only eight years, married for four and it feels like it's been a century."

"Hey, despite having to go on the road with the Everly Brothers, working with people every once in a while---I was always thinking of you. Y'know, I did those jobs because I knew I had to in order to help you provide for our kids. It's hard what we've been fighting for these last few years... I respect you and I want you to have a shot at your dreams. If they would have argued me and told me you couldn't join, I wouldn't have..."

"Really?" she wondered. 

"Of course," he lifted her hand and he pressed a kiss onto her hand. "All I want is to be with you and our kids, playing music until we can't... It's in our blood."

"It sure is," she smiled. "You know, you're the best daddy in the world... I've never said that to anybody but my dad before," she smirked. 

"Well, I'm so pleased that you think so... I just feel bad. When we leave for tour. What are we gonna do?" he wondered, finding his fatherly instinct at a decline when it came to those things. "We have to tour..."