To Greenland and Back

As Sharon and Lori began boarding their plane that Tuesday evening, the redhead was talking the younger woman's ear off, explaining to her all the details and facts that she may not have known and to pair with it, all her personal confusion.

"I just don't understand..." Lori mentioned, shoving her suitcase into the compartment above her seat. "She is actually convinced she is whoever this Samantha woman is... Do you think she died or something and Stevie came along and he made her believe she was Samantha? Wouldn't her children say anything? Or what if she looks exactly like this Samantha lady and they all really have no idea that she's Stevie."

"Well, they're from Greenland. Maybe they don't and maybe she does," she said softly, trying to ease the woman as best as she could.

"No, that's actually not true," she plopped down in her seat and she dug through her large purse, pulling out her afghan and a pen to take some notes down. "They're not from here," she gestured with the pen in her hand, pointing at her friend. "Unless the man lived under a rock... He's from the U.S."

"How do you know that?" she wondered, finally taking her seat next to her.

"Because when the mix up happened with delivery guy, back, like a long time ago. I'm talking like a few weeks after she went missing, we got a lead that some guy delivered Chinese food to the house and he was rather spooked when he saw her at the house and he thought she was Stevie, to quote; The singer everybody had been looking for on the news..." she sighed and looked over. "The investigators of course looked into it because back then it was still serious enough and they located the address back to Brian's house and they said Brian and Samantha Hayward lived there and they had been residing there for the last ten years, with their two children. If Sofia is only two, maybe they didn't know she was born yet or something. But it seemed so innocent and now here we are... If we would have known then," she rolled her eyes.

"There seems to be a lot of things to go through. Maybe she looks just like the woman then; whoever Samantha Hayward is... Maybe we can have Karen do some research."

"Maybe," she sighed. "Did you see the way she looked at me? It was like looking into the eyes of a stranger. She's so far from who she is... She said she's happy but I can see that she's sad. She looks tired."

"She does. I know she loves being a mom, as Stevie or as Samantha, but she loves her career. I wonder if she's writing or singing at all?" she wondered.

"I don't know. But the look on her face when Gypsy came on... Call it perfect timing, but it's like she was starting to maybe remember something. I can't help but feel like... I dunno, it's strange."

"It is... And that will be topic of discussion when Lindsey is in on what's going on..." she paused.

"Right..."

"Anyway, we have bigger problems..." she patted the redhead's arm. "She's thinking about getting married this Sunday. She can't get married, she's already married."

"I know. Lindsey is going to lose his shit," she sighed. "That is if he believes us when we tell him we found her to begin with. But overall, Samantha is already married to Brian, if Stevie thinks she's Samantha, that's just a renewal, so technically, nothing will be valid. But the woman's in deep---she thinks she's in love with him."

"Maybe she is..." Sharon kind of distorted her face, knowing she should not have said such things. "I saw him when he was at her side and it really looks like he loves her too."

"And that may be, but she has a family. I mean, if she is anything like we know she is, she's gonna be a mess if she has to separate from the kids that she's been raising, but she can't move on like this. Fine if she and Lindsey would have had issues and divorced for some reason, but they didn't. They've been in love since the day they saw each other. Back in the early seventies, when I met them at Sound City, they just had this thing about them; when they looked at each other, it was always super intense."