Butterflies

The intensity that filled the room whenever Stevie and Lindsey would enter a room was timeless, since they were teenagers, it had been that way, but from everybody's perspective, it seemed like the singer knew exactly who she was.

"I'm Lindsey... Lindsey Buckingham," he claimed, reaching for her dainty hand. 

The blonde was choked up. 

She was positive that that was the name in her dream and she suddenly had two flashbacks; one when she woke up from almost drowning and she thought Lindsey was there but it was Brian and then of course, just a few nights before in the dream with Lori, she was sure Lori mentioned the name Lindsey; the best friend and first ever love. She couldn't be for sure that it was the same Lindsey, but she was sure that she thought the man was a complete knockout and she thought he was insanely handsome.

Brian was a very good looking man as well, but there was a big difference in their looks; Lindsey was just drop dead gorgeous and she didn't know what else to think even though she knew she shouldn't have thought so hard, perhaps stared so long. 

As soon as his warm hand settled on hers, she sighed and she kind of smiled. "I'm Samantha, everybody calls me Sam."

Lindsey was so verklempt by the look of her; the fact that she was standing in front of him after having gone the year without her---his reaction to her introduction was delayed. "What?" he kind of smirked, nearly scoffing as he looked at her. 

"Samantha Hayward, I'm sorry," she laughed lightly, overcome with her own emotion. Desperately trying to tear her eyes off the guitarist, she sighed and looked at the rest of her party. "Will you guys excuse me? I'm gonna go to the powder room."

"Yes, of course," Sharon and Lori agreed with a nod in separate ways, one of them pointing out the direction to the restroom. 

As soon as Stevie was out of sight, Lindsey scoffed and spun around. "What the fuck? That is Stevie... Why does she think her name is Samantha?"

"We're not sure," Lori shook her head, her sympathy rising within her as she took him in. "We met her at the grocery store, I thought I had gone crazy but sure enough, Sharon agreed that it was her and when we went to introduce ourselves, she said her name was Samantha..."

"And after some light digging, thanks to Karen, she said that Samantha Hayward is married to Brian Hayward, he's a local doctor in the area and they have three children," Sharon added. 

"Stevie is married to me so I don't really give a fuck about Brian or whoever Samantha is..." he stressed easily. "That's all fine, but why does Stevie think she is Samantha?" he cocked his brow.

"That, we're still unclear on," Lori sucked in her lips. 

"But another thing we do know is that, Samantha could be Stevie's twin," Sharon added. "When I asked Karen to do some research, she did and she said that the resemblance is astonishing. If you put them side by side, you can tell them apart but separately, you'd never know the difference."

Lindsey was absolutely floored. 

"We think maybe that something happened to the real Samantha or she took off or something and we're pretty sure Brian might think she is also Samantha along with the kids because I talked to her son and it's all so seamless..." the redhead explained. 

"We're not sure he knows she's Stevie. If he does, it's a whole different situation. But the point of it all is, she's got amnesia and she doesn't remember anything. She remembers bits and pieces and things seem familiar for her, but she's not talking about it because I'm sure she thinks we're gonna think she's crazy."