Wisdom

When the next morning arrived, Stevie would awaken from yet another death like sleep although it was at her own leisure.

She had slept through the night considering there were no ocean waves crashing against the rocks to wake her and there were no two year old babies crying for her at five a.m.

Rolling over in bed, she sighed, reaching over for anything or anybody but when her hand fell flat on the mattress, she stirred---eyes still shut.

"Bri--" she stopped herself and she opened her eyes and sighed. "Lindsey..." she muttered to herself, grateful he wasn't there in order to hear the small slip up. "Get it together, Stevie. You know you're stronger than this. You survived almost ten years of cocaine and almost eight of Klonopin... You can detox Brian and his lies too." She then sat up and she looked up at the clock across the room, seeing that it was barely 10 o'clock in the morning.

That morning, she was really trying to push through and just be herself; she changed her clothes, combed her hair and got herself ready like normal.

She wore a black midi dress, she threw a kimono over top and she roamed around in some simple wedges because she was trying to be comfy.

After getting ready, she pulled out her little legal pad that she had been writing on and she rummaged through her things, finding her journal in the process. She then ripped off the pages of the yellow legal pad and she folded the papers horizontally, sticking them between pages of her journal so that they were where they belonged, but so she wouldn't forget about them.

She then began unpacking her bags, going through her clothes and checking out the closet and she was stunned to see all of her things there.

Suddenly, a knocked filled her door.

She turned and looked over her shoulder. "Come in!"

Swiftly, the teenager slipped in and she grinned. "I didn't know you were awake..."

"Yeah, I thought I would unpack and I guess trade some stuff out... I'm home," she assured extending her arm to her, wanting to hug her.

Rhea easily walked over and she handed her mother a cup of coffee, looking into her closet.

"Thanks, baby," she took a sip and she settled it on the table by the bed.

"Dad didn't want to get rid of anything of yours because he had faith that you'd come back..." she sighed. "It was last week or so that he was starting to believe you were gone..."

Stevie sighed, "So, how's your morning been so far?" she opted to change the subject.

She simply didn't think it was possible to shed anymore tears but she could just feel them creeping up on her and she wanted to stop them.

"Good..." the girl replied, taking the hint easily. "I talked to my friend Emily and then I was talking to Reece and she said she would be over in the afternoon, closer to dinner since she has some homework to catch up on..."

"Nice..." she nodded.

"Oh, and Karen said she would be here by eleven or twelve."

She nodded once more, recalling well that her house was always swarming with people if not just her kids. "And the boys?"

"They were talking about going out with friends tonight, but I don't think anything special," she shrugged.

Just as she was about to put her thinking cap on, she looked at her daughter.

She was already working on not spacing out every five seconds because she knew it wasn't helping her situation with her kids---but there was so much to blank on, so much to recall and so much to think about that she couldn't exactly help it.