Trouble

Creeping down the stairs that morning after having gotten herself and Sofia ready for whatever the day held, she ventured down to grab her second cup of coffee when she heard Lindsey's skillful guitar playing.

She walked over to the door that led to the studio and she looked through the crack, biting her bottom lip as she listened.

I should be saying goodnight now
I really shouldn't stay anymore
Been so long since I held you
Forgotten what love is for, oh...

He'd slowed it down over the years but she was ever so in love with the fact that he did and she relished in his vocals and longer guitar solos---it always had her drawn in.

I should run on the double

I think I'm in trouble
Think I'm in trouble, yeah
Trouble

Come to me darling and hold me
Come and keep your daddy warm
Been so long since I held you
Forgotten what love is for

As he sang, she made her inside the studio just to see him for herself because she loved watching him in his element; especially that far into their career, into their years. It brought her back to the moment she fell in love with him---it was just the two of them.

I should run on the double

I think I'm in trouble
Trouble, yeah
I think I'm in trouble

He acknowledged when she entered the studio and sat down in the chair in front of him, but instead of stopping in the midst of his guitar solo, he grinned at her softly and his ever so loving eyes pierced through hers.

She grinned, crossing one leg over the other as she bit her bottom lip---never dropping eye contact with him.

I should run on the double
I think I'm in trouble
I think I'm in trouble, yeah

He finished up with the last few chords and once he strummed the last one, he smirked at her, still not taking his eyes off her.

"It's like you make love to me with your words," she mentioned, averting gaze because she was officially blushing.

"Body and soul, you're mine, right?" he set his guitar to the side, extending his hand to her.

She took his hand and stood up.

He pulled her down onto his lap, kissing her lovingly.

Sighing lightly, she pulled away and pushed her hair back. "Did you know...?" she lingered, still merely fighting his lips off her.

"Hm?" he slightly moaned into her mouth.

She giggled, finally pulling her head back. Placing her hand upon his chest, she pushed him back gently and held him. "I'm tryna tell you something here, Mr. Man."

"And I'm listening," he smirked. "Can't I make out with you while you talk?"

She shook her head, laughing.