Sweet, Rebel Girl

By the end of the visit in Lynchburg, Virginia, Stevie and Lindsey figured that they should keep Sofia with them because not only was she very fussy, but she was adamant on not getting close to her grandparents. And by September first, they were back in California to kick off their tour that evening.

The morning of the first, Stevie could feel her nerves starting up as she was preparing to head to the venue with her husband and daughter.

"Mommy, where we going?"

"Well, my love... Remember how mommy and Lindsey were singing on T.V.?"

"Mhmm..."

"Well, we gotta sing again. So, you're gonna come with us, but Karen's gonna watch you while we're on stage singing..."

"Oh..." she nodded. "Is it fun?"

"You might enjoy it," she nodded with a small grin. "Then when Bran and Roman are back home with Auntie Maya, you're gonna stay with them... Is that okay?"

"Yeah," she nodded.

"Are you sure? Because you didn't wanna stay with them before..."

She sighed, "I want just my auntie and brothers... When Rhea coming back?" she wondered.

"She'll be home when you're home. Rhea, Bran and Roman all start school. So, you'll be with Auntie at mommy and Lindsey's house and then after school, everybody will be home..."

"You too?"

"No, sweetheart. Mommy and Lindsey will be back to take you to daddy's for Thanksgiving. And then you'll stay with mommy."

"Oh," she sighed. "How come we can't just be home?" she wondered, finding her mother's schedule and plans ever so difficult even if she was an articulate two year old.

Giggling, "We'll worry about these things later, baby of mine..." she scooped her up, taking her down the stairs with her.

Meantime, Lindsey packed up the SUV with their belongings for tour.

"Is this everything, baby?" he asked.

"Yeah, it should be... I have stuff for Sofia for the first two weeks or so and then Maya and Karen are gonna handle picking her up for us," she yawned, ever so exhausted from the entirety of everything.

"Mm, come on, sweetheart," Lindsey held his arms out for the baby.

She giggled, hugging him around the neck.

He embraced her, giving her a gentle squeeze as he kissed her head.

"Lindsey, me love you," she assured, resting her head on his shoulder.

Stevie and Lindsey both acknowledged such things and they looked at each other; she grinned while he rose his brow, unsure of what to say when it was so simple.

"I love you too, angel," he assured, rubbing her back gently. "You're one of the sweetest little girls I've ever met and you're so kind and beautiful, just like your mommy." He winked at the woman.

She leered gently, her smile still attached to her face.

"Mommy, you love Lindsey too?" the girl lifted her head in order to ask.

"Of course, my love. He's my husband---I love him very much," she assured, swiping the hair on the side of his head as she leaned in to kiss his cheek.

Sofia giggled. "What about my daddy?" she wondered.

The blonde stopped in her tracks.

"Of course she loves your daddy too," Lindsey assured. "She just loves me more," he whispered.