Grounded

When the last day of school was to roll by, Lindsey would make his way back to Greenland to be with his wife and her kids since Brandon would be graduating his primary school and although everybody was just ready to take their separate ways, it was the last hurrah the Hayward family would attempt with Stevie and her husband. 

Brandon and Roman were ever so excited that the guitarist would be in town and they were so glad they'd all be traveling within the next day; they were thrilled to see California for themselves after all their mother spoke about. 

The day before the graduation, Lindsey would return to be on time for the graduation and despite being jet-lagged, he was glad to be there in support of his new kids---as always---he was doing his best to not only keep them happy, but his wife and really, he wanted to be present since it seemed Brian was only good for handing the kids money, as he had heard his wife say once before.

"Mom, can you gel my hair for me?" Brandon asked, coming over to her with the container in hand and just the front part of his hair combed the way he wanted, just slightly spiked up. 

"Sure, honey, come here," she took a seat. "Actually, go get me my ratting comb, I don't wanna get this all over the place."

" 'Kay," he obeyed and walked into the bathroom, opening the drawer that usually contained her hair brushes and combs. He then walked over with the parting comb and he knelt down in front of her.

"Oh, you think you're so tall?" she joked, completely messing with him as she walked around him and scrunched his hair, combing it in place.

"No, I'm just insinuating you're short," he smirked. 

"Well, you would be right, mister... I am very short, always have been," she giggled. 

"How tall are you?" he wondered, recalling the way his mother usually looked next to his father.

"Five-one," she assured. 

"I think my mom was only an inch or two taller than you," he mentioned, realizing all the singer wore were heels and wedges. "As long as I knew her, her head went just passed my dad's shoulder, but I can't really remember."

She curled her lips to herself, "Well, you boys tower over me, you should see my boys at home. I think Lance is taller than Lindsey and Eli is taller than both of them," she chuckled. "I remember thinking how short I was when I met the drummer of my band, Mick Fleetwood, and I remember the Christmas right before we joined the band, he was as tall as the tree with the star on it," she smirked. 

"Dang," he chuckled. "How tall is he?"

"Six-five, if memory serves me," she stated, pretty sure of herself. 

"That's crazy," he assured. 

"But who am I kidding? Everybody's taller than me," she smirked. "My daughter, Rhea just passed me when she turned fourteen. Now she's sixteen and so far has remained to stay at five-three."

He smirked. 

"Alright, honey, you look very handsome... Do you have a change of clothes for the ceremony?" she wondered, handing him her comb to put back.

He stood up, taking her comb, "I'll have time to come home and change... Can you help me pick a shirt? I think I'm just gonna wear these jeans and some of my nicer sneakers..." he gestured to his dark wash jeans.

"Sounds good. Let's go take a look in your closet, babe," she then extended her hand and wrapped her arm around him as she guided him to his room.

As soon as they entered the room, she lifted her brow. "Roman, turn that off. You should be getting ready for your last day of school..." she opened her son's closet, looking between his hazel green button down, the black and the white.