Gypsy

~ February 2, 1982 ~

Stevie had embarked upon a small journey to work with Fleetwood Mac right after finishing up her very short, White Winged Dove tour in December. It was to be over in just 12 shows, but due to an impromptu recording session by Mick Fleetwood, she had to cut off her last show and make her way to Paris.

Meantime, Lindsey had to call his in-laws in order to come and he had to get things in order at home for the kids since they had school and Rhea needed constant attention.

It wasn't exactly in their plans to just pack up and leave, they figured they would have more of a system, but Mick was being impulsive due to his substance abuse that money seemed like the only important thing.

To cause more confusion, they were all actually to meet in Herouville-Saint Clair which was nearly three hours outside of Paris.

Lindsey managed to get there before Stevie since she had so many people part of her entourage and so many calls to make to cancel her show last minute, but she would eventually get there.

Fleetwood Mac would have rented out the Château d'Hérouville, a castle yet a hotel.

"My goodness," Stevie pressed her hand to her hip as she got out of her taxi, shaking her head. "I like lux, but this is over the top..."

"You're kidding?" Lori smirked. "I bet it was Mick's idea."

"I don't doubt it... Lindsey's gonna be so pissed off if we have to pay for this. I hope management is taking care of it..." she shut the car door.

"Let's just head inside," Sharon mentioned. "I brought some of your cassettes, so if we get bored, we can start working on the other thing."

"Nice," she gave a thumbs up. "I already know once I hand my songs over to Lindsey, they're gonna kick me out of the studio, so we should have time to work. Apparently, I'm distracting," she smirked. "I gotta call my parents and apologize to them for being so last minute with the kids."

The three women then trudged in and they made it to the front desk to start asking questions, but luckily, John McVie stood in the lobby, smoking a cigarette.

"Oh, John, thank God..." Stevie embraced him.

"Hey, love. How are you doing? Congratulations on the solo... Everybody's crazy about you, 'ey?"

"I guess," she smirked. "I'm working on it. But I gotta get be in and out of here. Once I'm done here, I gotta go home and be with my kids. Lindsey had to leave them with my parents."

"Mick's idea. He left his kids with Jenny and that was it---no warning," he cocked his head.

She rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Anyway, ladies, follow me," he then gestured, showing them to their recording room. "Lindsey and Chris have already started working on some things, so hopefully we can all get out of here."

"Okay," she nodded, lifting her brows at her girls as they got closer to the band only because if she knew her husband's temper, she knew he wasn't going to exactly be welcoming.

Even though they had given up their drugs and alcohol, they knew there was going to be a lot of such things around and they weren't prepared for not only the dysfunctions, they weren't prepared to argue over things.

When John opened the door for them, Stevie spotted her husband right away and she walked over to embrace him, hoping to soften him up.

"Hey, baby," he grinned, spinning around to greet her since it had been a few weeks that he had seen her.