Trust

When the singer and her assistant made it back to their hotel, Stevie sighed, almost relishing in the lux suite as a way to decompress.

It had been a long time that she had stayed in a major suite like she was normally accustomed to; being on her own at night with tea and her journal like she enjoyed. It was interesting when she had gotten so used to being with Brian every night for a year straight.

Typically, when she was on the road for solo work, Lindsey was home and sometimes he would pop in to see her but for the most part, when she was working, she was by herself and though she was ever the social butterfly, the creator in her was an introvert just as Lindsey was.

"I have your tea on its way up... Is there anything you need from me before I head back to my room?" Karen wondered.

"No, honey," she shook her head. "I appreciate everything you've done for me. I'm gonna take a shower, call Lindsey and head to bed..."

"Alright. Just call me if you need anything," she assured.

"Thanks," she softly smiled and sat on the edge of her bed, going through the things in her suitcase and carry on.

The other woman then took off for the evening, leaving her boss on her own.

For the first time, even though things were still crazy, it felt like the first sense of normalcy since her boss had returned; it was the two of them working on matters together and she was taking care of her boss like normal and it was exhilarating for the assistant to be back at work with the singer.

Once her tea came, Stevie went ahead and went forth with her shower and the rest of her nightly routine.

As soon as she was in her pajamas, hair just in a loose side braid, she made it to her bed and she picked up the hotel phone and dialed her home, taking in the details of her suite; it was reminding her of her life on the road and the hotel felt like a form of home even if she was just over 3,000 miles away from her true home.

"Hello?" Lindsey answered.

"Hi, it's me..." she said softly.

"I had a feeling," he smirked. "How's it going?"

"It's alright... Busy day and I'm tired. Sofia and the boys were really thrilled to have me back."

"I bet," he agreed. "So, what's going on? It sounds like there's a lot on your mind."

"Yeah... I talked to the boys. I asked them what they were more comfortable with as far as school and such things; I broke down the whole having to go to high school even if they graduated here..."

"Mhmm."

"They said they didn't care. Brandon mostly did the answering, but I talked to Roman after and he was in agreement with the fact that they want to be in California, in school with Rhea while we tour. While we possibly tour with Sofia..."

"Good. At least they don't disagree..." he lingered.

"No. And despite me asking the boys to be good to their father before I left, I guess Brandon's been giving Brian a hard time. I don't blame him. Brian mentioned to me that every day since I've been gone, Sofia has asked me where you and I have been."

"Me?"

"Mhmm," she hummed.

"She barely knows me... I mean, I'm stunned because she doesn't know me actually."

"Well, you did save her from drowning..." she tisked. "That scared her big time... I was really scared too, but she's little and she remembered you walking behind us when we went back to the house... But believe me, I get it. That's what has floored Maya and Brian from the beginning of this fiasco; she's attached to me. She just latched to me as though I was really her mom..."