Love and Lies

When the next morning arrived, Lindsey would wake up and find nobody in bed with him; in fact, he looked at the clock and mentally cursed himself for not getting up sooner, because he knew she had gone.

She's probably on her flight, he thought, rolling over in order to get out of bed. He then got up and he made it to the bathroom to take a shower and wash up for his day.

Since Stevie's stay home hadn't been long, things stayed as they had been, although, Rhea had simply stayed at her sister's condo so she could take her to school since Karen would also be going to Greenland with their mom.

With the exception of that, they were back to normal business; Lindsey woke up, badgered his sons about their school schedule to make sure they weren't missing class and then he would grab a cup of coffee and head to the studio to work. The only exception was, he would actually work considering his muse was back.

The previous night had given him much inspiration and he was thrilled to start writing; he hoped she was on the same page as him and that when she got back, all would have been well.

---

It was ten p.m. when Stevie and Karen landed in Greenland, late considering she had thought she would be able to see her children before they went to sleep.

She knew if she stopped in, she would most likely see her boys, but she knew for sure that Sofia had to be asleep.

But she decided to take that chance and she had Karen drop her at the house while she went ahead and checked them into the hotel and got them settled.

Brian opened the door when he heard the car pull up because he knew he was to be expecting her some time that evening.

"Hey..." as he opened the door and greeted her.

"Hi," she kind of grinned, moving passed him as she entered. "I thought I would stop in before going to the hotel, just to see if anybody was awake."

"I think Brandon might be awake... I was just about to head to the bed."

"I'm sorry to intrude... I just miss them," she admitted. "How were they?" she wondered, taking her heavier coat off.

"Things were okay. They really missed you and Sofia has just been so quiet..."

She nodded.

"The boys are good, they know they've been expecting you."

"Good. Did you keep up with my thing with Sofia? Seven sleeps down to one?" she wondered.

"I did, but I think it's over her head... She's so smart, but I'm not sure she understood the countdown so much."

She shrugged, not offended if it didn't work only because she wasn't sure how she did it with her actual kids.

Parts of memories were fuzzy, little things she used to do were way beyond her reach, but other times, she could recall things vividly.

"So, how was your trip home?" he wondered.

"It was... eventful," she shrugged. "It was hard, but I got to spend time with my girls, more than my boys, unfortunately. But they're not very happy with me..."

"Why?" he creased his brow. "Weren't they glad to see you?"

"Yes, but... They're not so pleased with a lot of my decisions."

"If you don't mind me asking, why?" he creased his brow. "These boys never question anything you do.. Why would yours? I only ask, since I assume you'd disciplined them the way you disciplined here."

"Very valid statements. Although my sons are in their twenties and they really disagree with the fact that I am not reporting you."

Suddenly, all his thoughts and suggestions went silent because he knew his words didn't mean a thing considering the initial cause.