The Good and Bad

~ May 26, 1982 ~

"Happy birthday!" the mixture of Fleetwood Mac, her back up singers, management and other friends would yell at the top of their lungs as soon as Stevie and Lindsey entered the building that morning.

"Oh, my goodness!" she jumped, ever so surprised since her birthday had been the last thing on her mind in the last months. 

"Awe, happy birthday, love," Christine walked over, handing the woman a glass of champagne.

"Thank you, dear, it is nine in the morning," she smirked, clinking her glass against hers before setting it to the side. 

"Don't be that way!" she lifted it back up and handed it back to her. 

The younger blonde rolled her eyes and smirked, taking only a sip. 

Lindsey smirked as everybody practically lined up to tell his wife "happy birthday" and to get a picture with her.

Once Stevie mingled a tad, she had finished maybe just a fourth of her drink and settled it on the coffee table her husband was sitting near.

"Hey, you, you disappeared on me, my emotional support husband," she scolded, taking his guitar away in order to sit on his lap instead. 

"Ah, well, happy birthday, sweetheart," he grinned, patting her hip as he held her firmly. "Thirty-four looks good on you, babe. Ya look hot.."

"Another year older, but wiser, not at all," she smirked, kissing his lips. 

"We've come a long way in the last couple years, babe..."

"We have, I agree. I just can't wait to go home..." she paused. "The only thing worth celebrating is the fact that this record is fucking done. What are we working on next? Just the music videos, right?"

"God, I hope," he shook his head. "Since the music and mixing part is done, I'm hoping we can get the Gypsy video done here and from there, we can move everything back home for the next videos. After that, we're set to release in July, so..." he trailed, patting her leg. 

"I miss my kids..." she whined. 

"I miss them too." 

"I want my Robin..." she then added. 

"Y'know, it's funny you should say that..."

She creased her brow. "Why?"

"Well, she may or may not be on her way here."

"You're kidding?" she smirked, perking up a bit. "That truly would be the best gift ever this year, she's been on my mind constantly."

"I talked to her the other day and Kim and I set it up, so they'll be here soon. She should be here this afternoon," he assured. "You have to act surprised."

"I will. It's the best surprise..." she leaned in and kissed him once more. 

All day long, everybody would be drinking and partying and for the the first time in a while, Stevie and Lindsey would actually indulge with their group of friends, rather than leaving early like they had become accustomed to. 

...

By one in the afternoon, Robin would make her way through the hotel with Kim on her trail, but as they entered the room filled with people getting drunk, high or both---she found Stevie in the middle of a small crowd, taking shots of tequila.