Wrong

That evening, when Brian came home, he had come home to utter silence and although he believed it probably stemmed from the fact that his wife was hungover and the kids were having mercy on her, it had nothing to do with her being hungover. 

She was not in the mood, but she felt more displaced from her life, than she did hungover.

Since she had gotten home, she had been in her room with Sofia and the child stayed glued to her mother and because Stevie was in no mood to be a crazy cleaning lady, she really just took it as an opportunity to snuggle with her baby and take Lindsey's advice by striking up writing.

When Brian walked through the door, he noticed a couple pizza boxes on the dining room table and after, he decided to make his way up the stairs, figuring everybody was just having a lazy day before all the craziness of the wedding started the next day.

At that point in time, it was simply just craziness and the doctor was feeling a little overwhelmed considering Stevie had met her real husband. He just didn't know what was going to come from the situation, although he didn't make it obvious at all that he didn't want the two in the same proximity, he didn't really make an effort at stopping them for the sake of not looking like a jealous zealot.

It had been quite a shock to see the guitarist, but he was hoping for the best---even if the best meant Stevie ending things with him on her own, rather than him having to tell her the truth. 

There was absolutely no doubt, Brian was in love with Stevie and he adored her to no extent, but he was also aware that his lies had gone way too far and if things ended, he would just have to be okay with it. There would be nothing he could do to fix that and before seeing Lindsey, he thought it was all a charade he could keep up with, but it seemed his time was limited. 

Entering the bedroom, he saw that his daughter was sleeping soundly on her mother's chest, meantime Stevie had a notepad and pen off the the side of her while she was in and out of sleep, watching television.

"Hey..." he settled his keys on the dresser by the door. 

"Hi, honey..." she yawned, blinking heavily as she rubbed her daughter's back.

Her subtle pet name told him that he was safe to enter the room and he did; coming in to kiss her.

Mostly pecking his lips, she turned quickly before he could linger only because it felt wrong to kiss him after having almost slept with another man that same day.

Brian didn't notice and he sat on the edge of the bed.

"How was your day?" she asked, being her normal and gentle self.

"Way longer than I thought it would be," he shook his head with a slight eye roll. "I was only supposed to be there till about eleven this morning since that's when the other doctor was supposed to come and take over, but he didn't show up till three hours later. I ended up having to stay in E.R. to solve everybody's problems and then because of it, I ended up with extra paper work... Things are gonna be crazy next week with our plans ahead and so I got the bulk of things done."

"That's good," she patted his knee. "I did what I could to prepare dinner from bed and so I skillfully reached for the phone and ordered the boys a couple pizzas. I don't know what the boys left you to eat down there," she smirked. "I just had them bring a slice up for Sofia... and I fed her so no mess."

"Nice," he smirked. "You didn't eat?"

"Oh, no... I've just been drinking water all day. I can barely stomach the smell."

Although, she wasn't feeling the best, she had no appetite due to everything she had gone through with Lindsey only a few hours before.

"Good, you got my note," he chuckled. "You were totally passed out---I tried waking you but you didn't hear me at all."