Forgive Me Not

~ May 26, 1980 ~

"Happy birthday, sweetheart," Lindsey caressed the side of her face as he pulled himself off of her petite body, just slightly exasperated. 

Moaning lightly, she hissed as she bit her bottom lip. "Thank you, honey... Despite the kids not being here, this has been such a relaxing day... I love working but I'm so tired and I just want downtime..." she sighed as she rested her head on his bare chest, kissing his peck. 

"Just four more months of tour... I mean, the kids will be starting up school in September, but at least we'll have that time to work and then once we pick them up, we have that family time."

"Yeah," she whispered, dazing into space as she bit her thumb nail. 

"You okay?" he rubbed her arm. 

"Yeah," she smiled, looking at him. "Wanna go again, lover?" she smirked. 

He chuckled. "I'm starting to get worried about you and your lack of sleep..."

"Oh, why?" she wondered, pushing herself up in order to lean over on her side of the bed. She then opened up her necklace and she snorted a decent amount cocaine.

"Because of that..." he assured. 

"I'm in no mood to argue, but I'm willing to bargain," she covered her body, sitting up on her arm as she spoke to him. "I'll cut back once you cut back, but given the circumstances of work and parenting, one of us is gonna have to be awake and or have energy to play with the kids."

"Hey, I did cut back. I don't smoke pot anymore..." he claimed. 

"Yeah, but you drink and we both know you're not exactly a pleasure to be in the company of when you're drinking..."

"Touché," he put his hand up. "But if that's what it will take for you to cut back, I will. I don't think it's healthy that you have to take pills to go to sleep, bump blow to stay awake..."

She blinked heavily. 

"I mean, look at you..."

"I don't need the negativity on my birthday, Lindsey... If you're not gonna make love to me, don't. But I'm not gonna argue with you..."

"Fine..." He slid under the blanket and he easily parted her legs. 

She laughed as she reached back to hold on to the bedframe, knowing well he would have rathered pleasure her than fight with her. 

As Fleetwood Mac began wrapping up the Tusk tour, animosity had begun to grow between everybody, not to say that anybody in particular was at fault though everybody was going through something in their personal lives and it was catching up to them as a band. 

Ever since they got back from their first tour in September of 1976, life would have changed as they knew it; Lindsey was drinking more than he had ever, smoking pot all the while Stevie had taken up the use of cocaine among other substances. By 1977, everybody was snorting cocaine and although nobody was first to admit such things, it was the cause to most of their problems along with other substance abuse considering John and Christine had divorced due to the same issues. 

By the time they had gotten to the making of Rumours in 1977, Stevie and Lindsey would have argued almost every day in the studio considering their tempers were being compromised by drug use.

The success of their third album, Tusk from the year prior wasn't as powerful as Rumours, though everybody was working on themselves and Stevie and Lindsey had to be parents while working. Although they fought at work, they were happy at home; being loving parents to their children while making love almost every night since Stevie was almost constantly awake and pretty needy when she didn't take downers to sleep.