Security

By the time the middle of the week had come around, Lindsey had decided that he needed to make his way to Greenland for the sake of his wife's doctor's appointment on Friday morning.

So he would.

Lindsey was laying some of his clothes for the next day---his flight---on the accent chair just off to the side of the bed on his side of the room.

Just as he was zipping the suitcase and settling his passport in the side pocket, Rhea happened to be walking by her parents' room.

"Daddy?" she questioned with an arched brow. She then entered and kind of hugged herself.

"What's up, honey?" he looked up, giving her his full attention as he moved his bag next to the chair his clothes were on.

"Are you going somewhere?" she wondered, hinting for the obvious answer.

"Yeah, I'm gonna meet up with your mom in Greenland. She has a doctor's appointment and I just want to be there with her for that. I should be back with her in a few days."

"Oh, I understand. I just didn't know you were going too. Her doctor's appointment; is it for her memory?"

"Yeah. She's gonna be seeing a psychiatrist and from there, we can see how we'll approach such things." He then extended his arm to invite her closer.

She walked over and tucked herself under his arm, hugging him around the waist tightly.

"You're alright?" he wondered, pressing his lips to the top of her head.

"Yeah... Just be careful, y'know? You guys make me nervous now..."

He smirked. "Everything is gonna be fine. I'll call you once I get there like I always do."

"I believe you," she sighed.

"Oh, yeah and I think the boys agreed that they want to go to school with you. That's alright with you?"

"Yeah, yeah," she perked up a tad. "That's exciting. A couple more people to talk to," she joked. "Nobody knows I'm your guys' kid and I'd like to keep it that way since nobody bothers me. It'll be nice to hang out with somebody."

"I'm glad," he rubbed her shoulder. "Since your mom has been back, I know that everything has come down on you guys kind of fast. Obviously your brothers aren't so thrilled with some things and Amarice---like me---we're happier knowing she's where she's supposed to me."

"Me too," she agreed with a nod. "I'd be lost without mom... Just knowing she's alive and well, I'd have been less bothered, y'know?"

"I understand," he nodded. "With the way things have been and are going, just an F.Y.I., I think your mom is gonna be in Greenland till the boys are done with school for the summer. From there, she's gonna be moving them out here. I'm sure she'll go back and forth but that's what's ahead."

"Yeah, I don't mind that. Like I said, just happy to know she's breathing. It might be better for her mental health to stay in one place; you know, it's a sense of stability."

He kind of looked down at her and smirked. "You're so smart, did you know that?" he chuckled, kissing her head.

"I only learned from the best... You pretty much taught me to read before I could talk. You said smart people become smart by reading."

"It's true. My mom had dyslexia and she still read. Back in those days, it wasn't that important for women to have education but she read and because of that, she spoke very well. She was very smart and she didn't endure school like you kids do. Even your mom's and I's generation; we were taught to to go to school, get married and have kids. Your mom and I both went to college; I was so busy with music that I found it easier to read then attend classes. Your mom managed to study for five years in college, I went to college but not as long and your mom and I speak pretty much the same. She learned in an institution and I learned from reading," he shrugged. "But we're head to head with knowledge. She swears I'm smarter than her, but we're smart in different ways."