Deception

When Maya returned from the park with Sofia, she walked in to see Stevie winding up the cord to the vacuum, humming a song she also had never heard before.

Maya kind of crept in, trying to make out the song she was humming, hoping she was singing something of her own, but unbeknownst to everybody, she was.

"You have a really pretty voice," the woman mentioned, readjusting the near two year old on her hip.

Suddenly, Stevie spun around and she gasped; eyes a little wide and cheeks a little flush. "Thanks..." she half smiled, leaning in to take her baby. "Hi, little girl... How was the park?" she then asked, looking up at her sister in-law.

"Good. She ran, she played---she should sleep well," she assured.

"Ah, that's great... She's kind of a homebody like me, but she needs the fresh air..." she smiled, kissing her head gently.

"I'd imagine, she's comfortable with you; your energy... The sound of your voice..." she hinted.

"So I've been told."

"Well, you know, I mean it: you have a great voice. I was always surprised at the fact that you never took choir or anything," she lied---trying to make the woman come to her senses.

The blonde kind of creased her brow to herself. "Seems like everybody has something to say about my voice today. I'm not a singer, am I? I mean, that would be absurd."

Maya laughed, "You've always had a nice voice. You're good at harmonizing... One of your favorite songs is Landslide by Fleetwood Mac..."

"Hm..." she kind of hummed, trying to recall if she knew it or not.

The sounds of melodies and some lyrics were coming to her in pieces and she didn't necessarily know the songs by name; she simply remembered them but wasn't aure when she could have been introduced to them.

"What were you singing just now?" Maya then wondered.

"Not even an idea..." she shrugged. "Brian's trying to help me figure some things out regarding my memory... But, uh... I've had this song stuck in my head since this morning and it somewhat distracted me and sort of caused the accident this morning."

The woman nodded, noticing that the woman was not completely on her game; she was starting to get frustrated again, after so many months of just accepting her life as Samantha.

It seemed to Maya that Stevie was getting parts of her memory back, although, she wasn't going to try and aid her brother in helping her to keep thinking she was in fact his wife. She really did want the blonde to get her memory back but as said before, she really didn't want to cause her a weird shock by flat out telling her who she was.

"I'm gonna give Sofia a quick bath and get her all cozy in some pajamas. Your brother's in his office, if you wanted to bug him," she winked.

The brunette chuckled. "I might just do so. Thanks..."

The two separated; Stevie went upstairs with Sofia in order to bathe and change her but then Maya went to Brian's office to see him; mostly to scold him on the matter like always.

When she entered his office, she noticed that he seemed anxious.

"What's going on?" she wondered, shutting the door behind her.

Brian spun around from pacing and he shook his head. "Nothing that concerns you..."

"What's with the attitude?" she crossed her arms. "You're welcome for babysitting."

He looked up and sighed. "I'm sorry. Thank you..." he ran his hand through his hair, swiping it back swiftly as he took a deep breath. "There's just somewhat of a problem I'm starting to get stressed over."