Romeo and Juliet

When Stevie had made it to her room, she was very overwhelmed about things that once she called to talk to Sofia and the boys, she laid in bed and she stared out the giant window, relishing in the sunshine considering she had been enduring long winters in Greenland.

She fell right to sleep that morning; she was exhausted, overstimulated by the fact that everybody wanted her affection even if she surely wanted to give more of it and of course, she was slightly irritated by the fact that everybody had an opinion on the things she had already thought over.

She was in no way defending Brian, but at that point in time, it was as though they shared children and she was keeping their interests at heart, even if it seemed to latch onto Brian down the road, she really didn't care what happened to him, although she couldn't deny that it was like getting over a breakup.

Despite the lies, she knew the man loved her in his own way, she knew it was not comparable to Lindsey's love, but after a year or getting to know him---she was interested. But she had been more interested in her husband as soon as she met him.

She would sleep most of the day, and Lindsey would let her only because he knew how exhausted she was, how upset she was considering their children had all come to a disagreement regarding her plans.

Although, later on, he came into the room around evening and he sighed, taking in her depleted self.

That was the thing that weighed on him the most; she looked tired and he had to guess it was just putting in the effort of being a perfect mother.

Nobody was a perfect parent, they had always agreed that they would try and do their very best when it came to their children. Of course, they had made mistakes on countless occasions, but over the years, everybody was kind of blown away at how effortless Stevie's motherhood came to her. She was "damn near perfect," Lindsey would always tell her. When the babies were sick, she was calm, whereas he was the one to want to rush them to the hospital. She was so soft and always had the advice to share and she was the person their kids ran to when they needed help with something whether it was big or small.

Having lived in the shoes of Samantha; the woman who had left her husband and children---Stevie found herself trying harder than ever. The guilt in which she bore didn't allow her natural abilities to really shine through. Instead, it ate at her and it caused her to be disconnected from the person she was. Especially at the beginning when her "sons" would shut her down after she asked for chances to start over---she never thought she would get through to them and when she did, Brandon still didn't trust her completely only because he truly believed that was his mother and he was scared to lose her.

Due to the lies and deception, getting her memory back---there was simply a lot for her to live up to. She didn't think twice about the mother she used to be; the one that was almost perfect in every way that she had decided to parent. She was fighting the shadow of Samantha and she wanted to do better than her but she didn't know how to revert to her actual self that was the better mother. As of that point, she was believing she was starting to let her own family down.

"Honey?" Lindsey shut the door behind him, approaching her side of the bed and resting his hand on her hip.

She was almost comatose.

"Steph, wake up, baby?" he asked again, giving her another nudge, moving his hand up to her face, pressing the palm of his hand to her cheek.

Suddenly, she shot up and gasped---prominently looking around the room. "Where's the baby?!" she panicked.

"Hey, calm down..." he brought his other hand around and he cupped her face, forcing her to look at him.

She settled down immediately as soon as her eyes met his ocean blues and she took a sharp breath in, bringing her hand to his wrist.