Miracle Baby

~ July 10, 1974 ~

"Steph!" Lindsey ran through their home at max speed. "Steph, where are you?" 

"I'm in here!" she yelled, her voice faint. 

The 26 year old was just eight months pregnant, although, having been diagnosed with toxemia during the beginning of her pregnancy, she had been on bed rest for a while. 

"Hey, baby," he said exasperated as he entered the room. "You're never gonna believe what happened today!"

"Honey, dial it down just a bit... I'm trying to relax and you're making me nervous," she claimed. 

"Sorry," he came in and he sat on the edge of the bed. "I was in the studio with Kieth today and there's a guy in there, his name was Mick Fleetwood. He's drummer of a band and they do a lot folk music, but they're looking for a lead guitarist."

"You're joking?!" her eyes went wide.

"Nope. He asked me to join on the spot. I guess Kieth was playing Frozen Love, going over the logistics of everything from last year. I know we promised our parents to take a break---I know Robin's been helping you with your classes, but babe, this could be big."

"Well, what did you tell him?" she wondered. "How do we know if it's a good idea yet anyway? I mean, I'm a little discouraged since Polydor dropped our record last year... That's probably why my blood pressure is high," she rolled her eyes.

"I know and I don't even mean to stress you out now. But I told him that we were a duo and that if he took me, you had to be apart of it too."

"What?" she furrowed her brow. 

"Stevie, music isn't just my dream... It's yours too. Despite the universe working against us last year, nothing's changed between us and our style. I don't exactly want to join a band but if that gives us the step up that we need..."

She sighed.

"I know it's a lot to think about right now, but we don't have to answer yet. I made it clear that we would consider it and he told me he didn't mind if you joined, there's just another girl in the band already and he said if she likes you, we're all in."

"Just like that?" she wondered. 

"Just like that," he agreed with a nod. 

She arched her brow. "I'm somewhat of a people pleaser, so that gives me stress. I want the girl to like me, but I really can't worry about it right now."

"No, of course not, I'm just telling you. I did mention that you were pregnant and on bed rest so, we shouldn't be bothered until another month or two..."

She nodded and sighed. 

"Anyway, how are you feeling?" he placed his hands over hers and then picked it up to kiss the back of it as he leaned in to touch her tummy.

"I feel a little light headed. Gotta say, I'm glad my parents picked the kids up and took them for the weekend. I feel so terrible for being that way, but when they're both screaming and playing, both jumping on the bed, I get anxious."

"No, I get it. We're lucky to have supportive parents," he claimed. "Supportive friends. If it weren't for them, we'd be in hell."

"No doubt... Two kids, pregnant, and school, not to mention still working on music when we're not supposed to be. It'd be impossible. I'm so grateful to our families for putting this little apartment over our heads," she sighed. "We owe them so much..."