Remember Nothing

"So, what do you wanna do today?" Roman asked as his mother came down the stairs with their little sister. 

"Um, I'm not sure," she smiled small, adjusting the one year old on her hip.

Brandon also walked over and he gently took the baby from his mother in order to seat her in her high chair.

Stevie watched as he took the little girl away and settled her in her seat to eat breakfast that seemed to already be made. 

"You made breakfast?" she wondered. 

"Yeah," the fifteen year old replied as he ripped up pieces of pancake to feed his sister. "Can I serve you?"

"I made coffee for you and dad..." Roman added. 

"No, honey, that's okay... I'm not very hungry this morning, but I will take some coffee and then I'll take over," she claimed, allowing her hand to slide over the oldest's arm. 

Sofia waved her hands around, not wanting the food to quit from coming her way.

Brandon chuckled, continuing to feed her little by little. 

As soon as Stevie found a mug, she filled it with coffee and then rummaged through the fridge, not finding what she assumed to be her creamer of preference. 

"Everything okay?" Roman walked over.

"Yeah... I think maybe I should run to the market today. Looks like we're low on some produce and small things..."

"That's okay, dad already went. He should be back soon," he assured. 

"Oh, okay..." she nodded, squinting ever so lightly at the light in the room. "I think I have a headache and I'm not sure why," she reached up to press her fingers to her temple. 

"Well, dad did say you hit your head pretty hard," the oldest pointed out.

"Oh, that's right..."

On a mission, trying to become a better mother, she completely forgot about her plane accident and she couldn't actually remember most of it, as well as the day before. Everything just seemed to be foggy and she wasn't comprehending well. It was like she was in a mirage or a dream. 

Just then, Brian came through the front door and he had a few bags of groceries on his wrist. "Kids, there are some more things in the trunk," he explained. 

"Okay," they replied, knowing their chore was to unload and put away.

"Do you need any help?" she wondered. 

"We got it!" Roman assured. 

Stevie then cleared her throat and she took a seat in front of the baby, giving her pieces of her pancake. 

"How are you feeling this morning, Sam?" Brian walked over, settling things on the counter as he neared her to examine her. 

She was so focused on the baby that not only did she not hear him, but she didn't acknowledge her name. 

"Sam?"

"Hm, what?" she looked up. "I'm sorry. I have a nasty headache... I guess, I'm also not used to hearing my name quite yet."

"No worries," he knelt down in front of her, taking the baby's food from her. "Why don't you take some Advil and lay down? I'm sure you could use the rest..."

"What about the kids?" she wondered, still with her hand to her head. 

"The kids are fine... We will handle things while you're napping."

She arched a brow. "I already made a promise that things would be different."

"I know. And things will be different, but for now, you need to recover. You're never going to be able to fulfill your desires until you're well."