Love and Guilt

Even later that evening, Stevie would find herself ever so exhausted even after having a long nap in the middle of the day, although after having dealt with her toddler, after getting the boys fed and after settling her family for the evening, she was tired, especially due to the fact that she was balancing her lives.

It was kind of a blessing that everybody had called it a night at the same time that Lindsey decided he needed to go because she was overwhelmed.

Even though she was tired, she nearly fought herself from going to sleep and she started packing her things without a word of anything to anybody.

Stevie was pretty sure she was leaving at the end of the week, but she felt it would have been better of her to leave sooner so that she could return sooner---although, as far as those decisions went, she was only trying to figure out the situation regarding Sofia only because she was her velcro and she didn't want to leave her too long.

Meantime, the kids were settled for the night and Brian was lingering around downstairs, avoiding her because he was pretty sure she would comment on whatever happened between him and Lindsey.

Just as he made his way to the bedroom, he walked in to see her packing her clothes, but he didn't say anything as he slipped passed her to get into the bathroom and from then on, they remained in silence considering he was going to take a shower.

By the time he was done showering, she was done packing her clothes.

Stevie then threw her suitcase to the side and she sighed, knowing she still had to pack her makeup and toiletries, but that it had to wait till morning at least.

When Brian was done in the bathroom, he came out in a towel like normal.

Although she wanted to mention that they needed to be more modest again, not as they had been, considering he was walking around half naked, she was more taken by the bruises on his neck and she hadn't brought it up because she was waiting for him to.

He went back into the bathroom to get his clothing on and as he looked back at her, she put her head down, taking her eyes off of his body and focusing on the words on her yellow legal notepad.

She didn't have any of her journals and ever since the downward spiral she had gone through as Samantha, trying to figure out the hold Stevie Nicks had on her, she had remained writing on the same notepad and it had all her new songs she was working on.

When he returned from getting dressed, he didn't say anything as he walked over to his side of the bed.

And although she tried hard to hold back, she couldn't. "So, what did you say to Lindsey?"

Brian halted and he rose his brows, looking at her as he peeled back the covers of the bed.

"Obviously you pissed him off..." she then commented. "I'm just reading the signs."

"And how do you know what signs to read?"

"Because I know my husband very well. It takes a lot for him to be pushed over the edge and I say again, it's obvious that you pissed him off," she kind of looked at the bruises on his neck again. "And you must have really pissed him off."

"Well, we were talking; I was mentioning that you voiced to me that you needed help, as far as balancing your thoughts." He then slipped into bed, covering himself.

"Why would you do that?" she wondered, never looking at him. "I was speaking to you as a doctor and technically that would have been confidential information."

"I'm worried about you," he assured, leering at her because he felt he had made that abundantly clear by that point. "And I brought that up to Lindsey and he tried to kill me."