Chapter 70 - Gabriel POV

Chapter 70 – Gabriel POV

"Hmmm," Chelsea whined again, moving more against my chest, her heart beating faster, breaths less even.

"Papa!" Ava called again, both Declan and I looking to the little excited voice. Ava came stumbling onto the bus, all smiles, skipping skidding to a halt when she took in Chelsea.

"Shhh," she put a small finger on her pouty pink lips, "mommas' sleeping." I could only smile, I missed this. When she finally acknowledges Declan, Ava observed him with more than any childlike regard, one long sniff; she cocked her head to the side. I have one of those moments where you realize that hate is taught. Not having experience with vampires or hearing about them, she doesn't immediately attack on instant.

"He?" she pointed and asked, never taking her eyes off of Declan.

"Declan."

"Ava," she pointed at herself still using a small voice, just then Casey hopped onto the bus. Without turning to face him, Ava pointed behind her, "Casey. Mine," she said with a different protective tone, Declan shocked just nodded.

"Come on Little Miss," Casey picked her up leading her off the bus, "They are mates?" Declan asked.

"You don't know?" I challenged, if he knew an attack was upon us, shouldn't he have known they were mates? He shook her head, "I don't see the future for all things... just the occasional event.

Sometimes more than not, it doesn't really help. I see something but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to stop it or if it's not meant to be changed. Point in case? Russell and Amara. I saw her parents... I had dreamt who I would save. I was convinced that I should get her first instead of last, but only then her parents died instead," Declan huffed.

"I created this disaster now with him, because I chose to save Amara. I won't let my actions hurt Angel," I wasn't sure what to say next. Clearing his throat and looking at me, "You have to wake her up, if you don't want to leave without consulting her. This place isn't safe for either of them. When I finally saw where they were being held, I also saw what they needed Chelsea for, not the bigger picture just her part. They – whoever they is – need two white wolf female, one that is pure..." he glances down at Chelsea, "one white wolf male, one black male or female wolf and a silver, virginity is only important for one of white wolves."

He was dancing around the subject, like I had that kind of time; hardening my stare I waited, "When you and her complete the mating bond that will leave them with none, they will have to find another way, she will be needed though," I thought about what he was saying.

"So even after we mate she will still be hunted?" he nodded reluctantly.

"You can't be in my pack if you're hiding things from me!" I said pointblank.

"After you mate... the next time they will attack is when she is carrying your child," was he saying this because he saw it happening? Or did he see where they said that?

"Okay, let's go inside," I held Chelsea tightly to me, leaving the bus and entering our home. First to approach me with red rimmed eyes was Nona.

You are a good man, a very good man, she said over the link. One nod and I went in the direction that they took Angel. Everything already in place for Angel, they were also waiting for Chelsea.

I put her down, on a gurney and went for the smelling salt, returning quickly to her. The first change was her fingers, they twitched, and then she wrinkled her nose weakly lifting her hand to bat the annoyance away, her long lashes moved slightly until she blinded and immediately shut her eyes groaning. Here on the bed, I have to admit that she had lost weight, which wasn't needed one bit, she was already tiny. Not letting the anger take me over, I just held it off, knowing that they didn't feed her, I was just happy I had her back.