Chapter 24 What do we expect from life in real?

(24) What do we expect from life in real?

 Lord Krishna advices Arjun to follow the righteous path of Karma Yagna. Here a story of Indra , the king of all God should be remembered. Tvashta did Yagna with mantra to be blessed by the son from God to kill Indra. But because he could not pronounce the mantra correctly the reward of Yagna was reversed. The son who was blessed by the God as a fruit of the PUTRA KAMESTY YAGNA (worshipping God with the desire to be blessed by the son ) killed by Indra instead of killing Indra. Hence you can get welfare by Yagna, Mantra and meditation but it could give you adverse result if you make a mistake. A little sparkle of fire can burn the bundles of cotton. To put fire on the bundles of cotton a lot of fire wood is not needed only a sparkle is enough. In that way to destroy the good deeds a silly mistake is enough. Just as to avoid darkness a little candle is enough, a little bit sacrifice can destroy the sin of lots of wrong deeds if we follow the path of truth and do our Karma without expecting anything. Good Karma has only one fruit and that is the welfare of one and all. No fear can get hold of mind or no unhappiness can made sad a person who is steady in mind while performing his duty. Hence you do not think about result of war but decide to do your duty.

            Lord Krishna advices Arjun to have firm and determined decision wisely to do his karm because our mind and intellect have many options. And if we think over hundreds of options and go on arguing over anything we would not be able to put anything in action or practice. Every decision has many alternatives .As if we want to cure the temperature of a person to take medicine is our firm decision but to go to which dispensary and follow doctor’s advice or purchase herbal medicine , or try to cure the disease by mantra or worship of a certain God or go to some miraculous saints are options . We have to decide before we put on task of taking medicine to cure temperature is put in action. As we desire so many things we have so many options to follow.

            But a karmyogi devotee has only one goal because he desires nothing he just follows the voice of inner soul. In our language we can say as a professional attitude on professional intellect about achieving a one and single goal. Just as a professional person try to furnish his task, keeping his target in mind Karmyogi tries to do his karma only to fulfill his duty without having any desire to get anything or without worrying about the result of his deeds. Karmyogi has only one goal of doing Karma. When a person has various goals he could not achieve his target or reach the destination

While a person who is filled with lots of ambitious and desires, wish to get heaven or riches or material prosperity in the form of land, jewelry or kingdom, power, position are impolite persons as whatever they do they do it to make a show as a pious person. Persons who indulge in worldly pleasures and riches are impolitely disbelieve the supreme authority of God and they in their flowery language condemning truth and praises heaven on earth and material worldly prosperity as they believe that the heaven is on the earth and enjoying luxury is the only way to be happy forever. They believe that there is no authority like God to give reward for good or bad deeds, nothing like virtues and vices in the world, no philosophy of eternity, no salvation after death and no devotion for God. They dwelt only in worldly physical pleasures unaware of the Spiritual ecstasy. They use flowery language to describe their charitable good deeds and get fruits of their good deeds in the form of their desired things which give them worldly pleasures and riches .Everything done by them for charity or for services of others is with the expectation of material benefits or for the desired love of beloved sons and daughters and blessings of saints. Every task completed by them gives them reward as they desired but it cannot give them complete welfare

When a person who desires heaven and performs good deeds his desires would be fulfilled but he cannot get salvation or cannot reach the ultimate truth because desires for material achievements can be achieved by various way. There are many ways and alternative karma by which one could get prosperity. A person has to do many tasks. He needs so many things, instruments to fulfill his task. He has to put his physical efforts too. And because of descriptions of worldly pleasures in flowery language which turns his mind and intellect of a person towards prosperity a person cannot be steady to go for only one destination which we know as eternal truth or salvation and he is going to be distracted when he is tempted by heavenly pleasures of nature, fairy and nectar which could be enjoyed by senses is known as Aasuri prosperity and because he longs for that Aasuri prosperity he tries to learn all the skills and Arts of world which can fulfills his dream of getting that prosperity and the goal of salvation is forgotten .What to do we expect from life in real?

Let’s ponder and get guidance from Lord Krishna….