Chapter 18 Is truth a relative term?

(18)        Is truth a relative term?

            What is truth? Truth is everlasting which cannot be destroyed or decayed with time is truth. The whole universe has its base on the pillars of fundamental truth. Nobody and nothing can destroy truth. The whole universe is created by Lord and hence the Lord is present in every living and non-living things. It is physical body and living and non-living also can be destroyed but truth cannot be destroyed. Just as ornaments of gold has gold within, every weapons has iron within, every vessels has metal within, a piece of ice has water within truth is within every substance on the earth.

Every building, trees, animals, living and non-living have different shapes and all are bound to die and destroy one day but the authority that creates all living and non-living on this earth is immortal. Lord Krishna told Arjun that physical bodies has to die if you did not kill them in the battle field they would have to die by their past deeds or destiny. So you are neither the cause of war nor the consequences of war are your look out. You are destined to do your task and play your role on the stage of world as ordered by Lord Krishna.

Truth is not proved by any evidence. Truth is accepted by faith. An acceptance of truth or the authority of almighty is the subject of faith. No physical organs can prove the authority of truth. And when we do not have physical proof which can be checked by our physical organs, we have to trust our religious holy books, Shastra and purans or religious Gurus and mentors. If a person is full of faith he believes in them and if a person is having no faith he will not believe in the authority of truth in the absence of physical, visible proof in the worldly sense. When we bow down to Mahalingam of Mahadev or see Allah in the stone of Kaba it is only because of faith. If any person who has no faith cannot see God in that particular Mahalingam or Kaba. Here I recall a nice story of Ramayan. When Lord Ram saw that Hanuman along with all his animals as soldiers write RAM NAM on the big stones and the great ocean float those stones and helping them in building bridge instead of drowning stones, he thought that if my name can make stones float, let me throw the stones into the ocean and when Lord Ram threw the stone it was drowned. The moral of the story is that the faith of Lord Ram’s devotee creates miracle.

On the other side of a coin all the mortal things are creation of Almighty so when any creation of God is died or destroyed the immortal part of God subsides in the eternal form of Almighty. But when the living exists on the earth he or she creates feelings of ownership on land, property, husband, wife, relatives, kids, friends and think everything as it is his own property. He thinks in terms of my father, my country, my bungalow, my car, my wisdom, my knowledge and everything under his possession as his own. But all these illusion and delusion creates dualism with Almighty and he forgets about his union with Almighty. When he loses his senses, bad thoughts overpowered him. But a wise and knowledgeable person knows everything by experience and he never engrossed in these types of illusion of ownership on physical and material mortal things or persons.

Hence Lord Krishna explains Arjun to fight for the justice and wellbeing of his people every living has to do his duty. When an illusion in the name of love for son, wife parents or relatives occupied mind, a person cannot perform his duty honestly on the road of truth and justice for a person who is not ascetic or saint it is not easy to come out of the illusion of relation and make a right choice in quest of truth and salvation. Hence Lord Krishna shows the path of ‘Karma’ to Arjun.

Every person sees his own body and his attachment to worldly relation and love for accumulating land and property distracted him because he could not see his immortal soul. A person can see figure only at the first sight of any picture and with the lamp of knowledge or Art he could comprehend the feelings of that picture by the Artists. If a person can see the immortal soul he could enjoy his journey on the earth normally as we leave stations behind while travelling in the train and never feels sorrow about the stations left. As our goal is to reach to our destination and our total concentration is fixed on our destination.

If we can concentrate our goal of reaching Almighty or getting Salvation after the precious human birth, we would never feel sorry about the company that we have left on our way while travelling by the train who left us at different stations. We just enjoy their company for a destined period and let them leave us to reach to their desired destination.

If we want to stop them and insist them to travel with us to our destination would they accompany us? No, never. Every living has his own desired destination to reach and his selected way of journey by road or railway by air according to comforts and luxuries provided to him on the balanced capital of his past good and bad deeds (karma).

Lord Krishna explains Arjun that if you think that you are a killer to kill all these in the war. You are wrong. You are not the judge of their good or bad deeds and you are not the director of their roles on the stage of war or life. They have their own entry-birth and exit-death as destined by their past deeds. You are the creator it is your pride and ego because you cannot kill anyone or you cannot give life to anyone .You are not creator of birth and death, you are the shooter who has been ordered by Almighty to kill them as they deserve their end on the life stage.

Moreover you can kill only their bodies which are bound to die one day .You cannot kill their soul. Nobody can kill anybody as every living and non living has been created by God and they are part of Almighty which cannot be killed or destroyed by anybody. Just as you cannot kill you cannot give life to anybody. A soul is free from birth and death from action and reaction from Karma and its consequences. This soul is beyond birth and death. It never emerges or declines. It is birth-less, omnipresent, ever present, eternal and everlasting .A physical body takes birth, grows, changes its form, increase in size, weight, decrease and decayed and died at last while a soul is free from all the above process. It is presents in present and it will remain in future hence it is known as birth-less, death-less. You are not a body but a soul and in that way nobody is a body but soul. Just as parts of the body never feel sorry about flowing urine, cough or puss and lot the body free from all the disease. Changing of body is a natural phenomenon of God’s creation.

Is it so easy to accept?

Let’s come out of ignorance and fill our self with knowledge given by Lord Krishna…