Chapter (186)Why do we not keep away ignorance through hard work?

(186)

Why do we not keep away ignorance through hard work?

Aadi Shankaacharyji says in MUndakopanishad as :

DWVA SUPARNA SAYUJA SAMANAM VRUKSHAM PARISHASVAJATE I
TAYORANYA: PIPPALAM SVADVATTI AANASHCHANNANYOABHICHAKA:SHITI: II (3/1)

Jivatma and Paramatma are two birds sheltering under one tree i.e. our body and one is eating fruits of that pipal tree (sansar) and the other becomes witness of that kriya of eating. The one who is attached is weak and incapable and hence he (Jivatma ) feels happiness and sadness but the other (soul) is connected with Paramatma, who sees only Parramatma in everything and everybody and remains detached to sansar and all the worries and pain, sorrow and sadness because being a part of Paramatma (soul) he can be steady. When a Jivatma understands the universal Brahma and considers himself as a part of eternity, he becomes free from sin and no sin and because of this knowledge; he could see Paramatma everywhere and becomes Sthitapragna.

NA CHAKSHUSHA GRUHYATE NAPI VACHA NANYAIRDEVAISTAPASA KARMANA VA I
GYANPRASADEN VISHUDDHASATVASTATASU TAM PASHATE NISHAFALAM DHYAYAMANA: II (MUN.UP 3/1/8)

This eternal Brahma cannot be accomplished with the help of eyes or speech or by any senses or by doing severe Tap or karma but this Brahma who has no organs can be accomplished only by a Sadhak when he does meditation and when he is blessed by God's grace with the true knowledge of real substance . This Pran –Brahma- Paramatma enters in our body in five forms PRAN , APAN , VYAN SAMAN and UDAN and lives within our body .He is too close to us and he cannot be seen anywhere. We try to search him in temples, Sadhu makes search of paramatma in jungles, mountains in that sense he is too far from us .Due to our ignorance Paramatma is in the minute form of a particle and he is in the greatest form of Universe just as a butter is hidden in milk, fire is hidden in a log; Paramatma remains hidden from the ignorant person. Nobody could know him by Jap, Tap, Aasan or yoga . He can be known only through the lamp of knowledge.

Ignorance can be destroyed only in the light of knowledge, by awakening self consciousness, by uplifting inner self through self realization. It can be destroyed by hard physical labor because the destruction of ignorance is not based on any kriya or any labour. When a Sadhak tries to accomplish Brahma through his body and by controlling senses by Jap, Tap, Vrat, meditation, Nididhyasan etc. his relation and attachment to body remains as it is because no kriya can be done without the help of body and organs. Secondly, When a Sadhak tries to accomplish Paramatma with the help of body and senses, mind and intellect, it means that he has accepted the authority and power of body and senses, mind and intellect over him and when you accept authority of body and senses, mind and intellect created by five elements of nature- Prakruti it means that you have accepted the authority of Prakruti and not of Purush i.e. Brahma. When you accept the authority of Prakruti , you remain attached to Sansar and you remain attached to body and mind , intellect and senses. How can perishable and constantly changing Prakruti can help a Sadhak in achieving the eternal and constant, omnipresent Paramatma?

When a Sadhak wants to know the real substance i.e. Paramatma , he can have two types of ways. Firstly he could abandon untruth and be steady in truthful form of Paramatma which can be done automatically when his consciousness awakens and secondly he should ponder only about truth continuously and he should also be able to know the real truth i.e. Paramatma .When a Sadhak does CHINTAN , he would accomplish truth only because untruth can be achieved by karma only. Things that can be made or produced , things that can take birth and ends in death, decay and destruction can be achieved by hard labor and karma but Paramatma can be achieved by constantly thinking about his presence with our inhalation and exhalation of breathe.

A Sadhak should decide that he wants to know the real substance . He should accept that Paramatma has created this world and hence Paramatma was there when there was no world and paramatma will be there when there will be no sansar .Everything is created and everything is going to be destroyed .In the mean time whatever is seen is an illusion. The current flow of river of sansar passes between two ends of construction and destruction and authority of Paramatma would be there before the creation, after the destruction and in the current flow of sansar in the mean time.

Our intellect has to decide about unification of Paramatma. If intellect has accepted Jiv and Paramatma as a one, our mind would automatically ponder on Paramatma 24*7*366 days and nights. Whenever we do , whatever we do ,our mind would continuously think about the Swaroop of Paramatma because the moment we accept the authority of Paramatma over us, he would get hold of our mind and intellect and when our mind and intellect divert form sansar to Paramatma ,we could find his presence constantly.

YATHA NADHYA: SYANDAMANA: SAMUDRAASTAM GACHCHHANTI NAMRUPE VIHAY I
TATHA: VIDVANNAMRUPA DVIMUKTA: PARATPARAM PURUSHMUPAITI DIVYAM II (8)

Just as flowing rivers from different villages and regions abandon their names and forms and mix up with sea water .A knowledgeable person abandoning various names and swaroop of Gods, find salvation and feel liberation in one and only Paramatma, the eternal Brahma. Whoever can know Brahma would be Brahmin and then there would nobody in his dynasty who could not understand the real substance, the truth. The eternal Brahma and he would be free from all the sorrows of sansar. A Sadhak would be free from all the bondage of worldly things and relations and free from ignorance. He could accomplish salvation and he would be free from the cycle of birth and death.

The connectivity with untruth is the root cause of rebirth. Sansar is untruth .When a knowledgeable person acquires the true knowledge of eternity, there would be no question of repetition of birth and death. If anything has any one direction, it would come from one direction and go to other direction but if a thing is omnipresent where would it come from and where would it go? Our soul as a part of Paramatma that is omnipresent in all the time , in all the countries, in all the livings and non livings, in all the situations then where would he come and where would it go and for what purpose?

Bruhad Aaranyak says as :

NA TASYA PRANA UTKRAMANTI BRAHMAIVA SAN BRAHMAPYETI I (4/4/6)

PRAN of that knowledgeable Sadhak would not go anywhere, he would be absorbed in eternal Brahma only.

Then how could we know a person as a true knowledgeable Sadhak?

Let's understand from our great God and Guru Lord Shri Krishna...