Chapter (76) Why should any great person worry about people who follow them?

(76)

   Why should any great person worry about people who follow them?

Lord Krishna explains Arjun that If the great people do not do anything and just advises others to follow them or to do work according to their suggestions, ideas or order people are not going to follow them for the long time because when the followers see that the person whom they consider as great is as weak and as confused as they are, they would not respect him. We respect and seek advises only from the person whom we think either knowledgeable or strong in any sense compare to our self. When people see that the person is advising others in one ways and acted differently in another way, they do not trust him. Trust begets trust as a rule. When a kid notices that his parents are not behaving in the same way as they expect him to behave with others he would not follow them. When a student observes that a saint or sadhu  is not considering everybody equally  and gives different treatment to all followers based on their social status, intellect or caste and color of the skin, they would not respect him and disobey his orders. They could not put faith and trust in his dealings. We see people blindly following some Guru and Saints but if they find any fault in their character, they would show their back to him and it is quite natural on their part.

When a person in any field get success or do miraculous invention, go beyond the limits of a common man , people want to follow them because they want to be like him. They want success, money, name and fame like him. Hence they want to know the ways how they could achieve that success in their field. People want to learn how to be successful and famous from them. We know very well that books, speeches and training, seminars and workshops on How to get what you want is the most salable subject in this world. If a person loves to be a billionaire, he would follow world’s richest people and want to know how to be rich like him .If a person feels hunger for the knowledge, he would follow the scholars. In the same way people follow actors, cricketers, teachers, Saints and the so called successful great people of the fields of their choice.

 Even we know that all the religious books of all the religions are written and told by their Guru or God to satisfy the urge of knowledge about what to do and what not to do for the betterment in life and find real happiness, it means today’s subject has said previously ‘How to get what we want?’The urge for knowledge and questions asked by King Parikshit , King Janmejay, Arjun or the disciples of Buddha and Jesus, Mohammad and Mahavir are in the root of our holy books named Bhagavat,Mahabharat,Ramayan ,Kuran or Bible.

We know that when a political leader or a famous actor or sports’ person even had a sneeze, it becomes the news of that day and we see there are peoples who are dying of hunger, suffering from diseases, lives in all types of sorrow and pain that a single life could give to anybody, remains unnoticed. When a person reaches on the peak of success in any field, he is observed by thousands of his fans every moment. Everything related to his life; his relations with others, his habit of walking and talking, his selection of dressing and choice of food, his style of seating and speaking is minutely observed and the moment people find out any loop hole in his behavior or character, he would lost his respect and name in the eyes of his fans because people follow him because of his virtues and when they find him a weak person, they cannot respect him.

It is true that outer appearance and show can earn respect for some time and create a good name and have earned a numbers of followers but only saying in one way and acting in a different way does not have ever lasting effect  in the minds of followers. It is because example is always better than words .We create demonstration of our lectures and project only because we can make the audio visual effect. We make models for the architectural structure of the buildings and map of the site but people would watch our behavior and our past and previous constructions and records of our past work done in whatever field before trusting our words or demonstrations.

Our National leader Mahatma Gandhi is accepted by the nation as ‘Father of the Nation’ not because of his sayings but because of his deeds of abandoning his whole life and comforts, rest and entertainment for the welfare of the people of India. When asked by one of the reporter for the message for the people, he told that MY LIFE IS MY MESSAGE and this quotation is true for all the great people, Gods and Godfathers of the mankind .If an orator does not do whatever he said, his words cannot create faith in his followers. his words sounds like emptied gun or vessels which can make sound only but cannot kill or give anything to the targeted person. But when  words are followed by the actions it can create miraculous effect in the minds of thousands ad thousands of people. The spoken words followed by actions are like loaded gun and filled vessels that can kill the person or give the person whatever is there in that vessel.

Every word spoken for the welfare of people does not subside uselessly. They have tremendous effect on the minds of followers and subordinators. When we visit temples or mosqe, Gurudwara or church and listen the words of Saints or listen hymns and prayers we feel being purified and obliged to the saints or a devotee singer and musician. Listening of thousands of people to a one man shows their faith and trust in that person as we have faith in God. Whenever we are confused we try to think that what would be done by our mentor or saint, Guru or our Role model if he would be in the same situations as I am at in present. When king Janak could not understand the right way to follow to get salvation and truth he asked Muni Astavakra about it. When Upamanyu could not find the answer to his question why he was not blessed by the God to have milk to drink from his mother and the reason of his poverty, he went out to find the answer from some guru or God. When Dhruva was not able to get love and affection .he wanted to know the reason and left the home. When Siddharth wanted to know the reason of bondage of life and process from childhood to death, he abandoned his palace in search of the eternal knowledge.

Followers of any great person build the image of that person and make him big and respectable.peoples’ fath in the person make him Guru and Godfather.Faith makes a stone of Kaba and Shivligam God. Faith makes people worship tree and cow and see God in them. And faith cannot be created by words only actions must be followed honesty and with total loyalty to the words. Hence great people have to check their words and deeds frequently and think about its great effect on the mass. Any negative statements and wrong deeds can mislead the mass as we see the people having negative attitudes towards life and their greedy and selfish narrow mindedness distracted thousands of young into horror and terror.

Let’s understand from Lord Krishna why God even live on this earth as an exemplary human being?