Chapter (62) How could we consider 'our self' aloof from the universe?

(62) How could we consider ‘our self’ aloof from the universe?

Bhishma drone tatham jaydrathajaliam Gandhararaj hrudam

Karndroni krupominikramkaram Duryodhan strotasam

Tirnah shatrunadim shara sisikatam yen plavenarjunah

Shatrunam tareneshu vah sa bhagavan astuplavah Keshavah

Let Lord Krishna shows us the path of righteousness and let’s guide to cross over the Sansar full of enemies. Let Lord be our ship to draw our vessel whose life river has two beach named Bhishma  and Guru Drona. The river of life has water in the form of unsteadiness of Jaydrath, fake support of Shakuni, tourchering wave named Karna, Ashwasthama and Krupacharya, full of flows of river of enemies like big fishes and crocodiles, bows and arrows and full of enemies only because of Lord Krishna just as Arjun could defeat all enemies help us to defeat all the inward and outward enemies.

Lord Krishna explains Arjun that if a person utilize all his power and strength for the wellbeing of his own self and does not share he is considered as a ‘thief’ because if a man is a part of universe and universe is created to serve all the livings how could he himself remain aloof from serving and sharing whatever resources he has under his authority or control. The thought of possession and ownership is related with only human beings. No animals or creatures in this world tourchers his own kind for own selfish purpose or store and accumulated food and shelter as his own properties.When aSadhak thinks that his body and senses ,mind and intellect are his own property and the universe as ‘others’ it creates dwaitya bhav (feelings of separation) and a Sadhak cannot be a karmayogi but if he thinks that his body and senses ,mind and intellect are given to him to serve ‘others’ then only he could utilize them in the service and welfare of others and when he utilize them for the welfare of others without expectation of  anything in return selflessly he could be a karmayogi because he has to abandon his pride and ego and thoughts of ownership. He could be honest to everybody and in every karma only if he considers himself as a servant of God’s wish and do his destined karma to fulfill desires of welfare of the world.

According to Hindu culture the birth of a human kind on this earth only for the welfare of others. Lord Brahma has created ‘Human beings’ only to serve everybody. The purpose of human birth is to give happiness to others through his selfless karma. In our family our parents, brothers and sisters everyone does their destined karma according to their ‘role’ but the great mistake is that they all do their karma with the illusion of different attachment and desires, feelings and for the fulfillment of their wishes. Hence they could neither be beneficial in their earthly achievements nor in their spiritual goals. Because when they do their karma with the feelings of attachments, their karma get affected with desires to win and be successful. These turn to vices and want success at any cost. His karma gets connected with selfish desires and hence his intention of a good karma also gets infected with his pride and ego. When a person thinks that I do charity and I am a pious person I help needy and I serve people. This ‘I’ represents his ego and this pride makes him proud. His behavior becomes rude and manner less .He thinks himself as a God.

Instead of this a karmyogi thinks differently from a common person doing his karma. A karmyogi thinks that just a tree cannot eats own fruits or mother’s breasts’ milk is for the new born baby which is arranged by great god before the birth of a baby .everything is created by great god for the ‘others’. All the resources are perishable and they have to be emptied someday as food, clothes, property and money but the ‘attachment’ would remain .This attachment creates ‘A bondage’ of karma and becomes the cause of rebirth.

All the forefathers, , rishis and saints do karma for the welfare of others. Every human being is obliged to them. Hence Lord Brahma has allotted duties to every human to do five yagna everyday. These Panch Yagna (five duties) are RISHIYAGNA, DEVYAGNA, BHUTYAGNA, PITRUYAGNA  and MANUSHYAYAGNA. All the gods regularly perform their duties and provide resources to mankind if man does not utilize it for all the livings and either accumulate them for his selfish purpose or waste them ,it would create imbalance in the environment which could create floods and famines draughts and disasters ,earthquakes and cyclone and natural calamities like Tsunami. All these really should be considered as ‘man made calamities because only a human greed creates imbalance in nature. 

Just as a single screw if discarded from the giant machine can stop the working of a machine , a single destructive nature and vices like greed of a man can destroy the whole earth. Greed is considered as a root cause of all kinds of sin. Hence it is advised by Lord to serve God, forefathers and Rishis as a duty of a person living with his family.

ATHOCHYATE GRUHASTHASYA NITYA KARMA YATHAVIDHI
        YATKRUTVA NRUNYAMAPNOTI DAIVAT PAITRACHYA MANUSHYAT

The above verse from AASHWALAYAN says that if a person thinks that he should be free from the obligation of everybody and find liberation ,heshould serve all the gods, forefathers and mankind with all the knowledge, allthe resources ,all the skillssnd capabilities without expecting anything in return selflessly abandoning his pride and ego. If a person thinks that if he had utilized all the resources given to him in the service of ,welfare of others , how could he would servive? How could he maintain his own living on this earth? How could he be able to fulfill his worldly duties towards his family members without sources? Lord Krishna clears this doubt by saying that this problem and doubt arises in the mind of a Sadhak when he thinks himself aloof from the universe .If he thinks himself as AHAM BRAHMASMI I am also a part of universe, the Almighty god would take care of him as mother cat holds her kittens in her mouth as to serve ,to protect ,to take care and to train all the time.When a karmyogi thinks about his inner etrnal soul as a ‘self’ and his own perishable body and senses as his own, all doubts would be abolished. He just goes on doing his karmas allotted to him as his destined karma .when a karmayogi thinks about the whole world, he could not make himself worrying about his own necessities but he has faith in Almighty who arranges milk in mothers’ breast before the birth of a child.

All the ceatures,birds,animals and varius kinds of livings onthis earth trust God and have faith in god’s management as God has made every arrangements for everbody.Different types of food, different types of shelters are created for hunger and thist but we do not have faith in God and thinks that if I do this karma .I would that desired result or expected reward.This burden of thinking our self karta is a sign of EGO.We cannot sing hymns like Narshinh Mehta and forget our tentions because we distrust Almighty. A human body contains all the five elements of the universe and water,fluid, blood and milk everything in the right place in a single body. Hence we should not distrust God.

What would happen ,if a person does not do his panch yagna regularly as ordered by Lord Krishna?

Let’s find out the answer…