Chapter (211)Should we avoid 'The force of doing karma?'

(211)

Should we avoid 'The force of doing karma?'

Just as a human being attached to things and persons, he also remains attached to ' the force of doing karma. It's a strange thing but there are persons who remain attached in avoiding karma or they do not want to do any karma. If doing karma creates bondage of birth and death, shouldn't we avoid the force of doing karma? Lord Shri Krishna says that nobody can remain detached to KARMA. It's a natural phenomenon that every living has to do karma. If any person does not do karma, it

is also considered as unfair because not doing any karma makes a person lazy bones. It creates idleness and indolence in a person. Carelessness and negligence to karma makes a person indolent.

Aadi Shankaracharyaji says in Mundakopanishad as :

NAYAMATMA BALHINEN LABHYO NA CHA PRAMADATTAPASO VACHYALINGAT I
AITAIRUPAYAIVARTATE YASTU VIDVANSTASYAISH AATMA VISHATE BRAHMA DHAM II (4)

This real substance Paramatma cannot be accomplished by a weak person. Unification with Paramatma cannot be achieved by indolent or TAP without knowledge and SANYAS but the scholar who tries sincerely and work hard; being diligently strong and following rules of sanyas with true knowledge can enter in the Brahma. It is said that identity of a horse is his speed, identity of an elephant is his size, identity of a woman is her activeness and identity of a man is his diligent efforts. Every person should be full of enthusiasm in accomplishment of his goal. Every person should not delay his task of doing karma. Every person should know the methodology of doing his karma the right way. Every person should be free from any vices and addictions .He should be brave, thankful and sincere in his duty. If a Sadhak tries to avoid his destined karma, he would be considered as having TAMASI VRUTI. Laziness and idleness divert energy of a person in useless intentions and negative activities. The attachment and the force of doing karma when applied in useless activities, they are considered as a RAJASI VRUTI.

Aadi Shankaracharyaji says in his VIvek Chudamani as :

PRAMADO BRAHMANISHTHATYAM NA KARTAVYA: KADACHAN I

PRAMADO MRUTYURITYAHA BHAGAVAN BRAHMANA: SUTA: II (322)

A Sadhak should not avoid the force of doing karma as laziness is considered as death by the son of BRAHMA , Lord Sanat Sujat in Mahabharata. Generally scholars consider 'attachment to sansar as death for a Sadhak, his idleness and avoidance of doing karma is death because when a Sadhak becomes lazy, he would divert himself to the attachment of body and senses. This attachment would be converted into pride and pride creates the bondage and the bondage becomes the sources of pain and sorrow. Just as an adulterer woman drags a lustful man in to the hell of illusion; when a Sadhak becomes idle and lazy, all the worldly subjects of entertainment of senses, corrupts his mind and intellect and divert him from the path of self realization. Laziness is like a ball in hand, once it is dropped from the hand and becomes out of control, it would toss here and there on the staircase and fall downward; in the same way when a Sadhak becomes indolent his goal of self realization and salvation would be missed and his mind and intellect would turn to the worldly subjects, to entertain his senses. When the worldly subjects envelop his mind and intellect, a person thinks about only entertaining his body and senses and the desire of getting those things of entertainment and company of loving persons divert him from his goal.

Lord Shri Krishna describes this situations in Bhagavat Gita as :

DHYAYATI VISHAYAN PUNSA: I (2/62)

A Sadhak when diverted to the worldly subjects and does activities to entertain his senses and he becomes unaware of his own real Swaroop , he would be dragged in to entertaining his senses and it becomes difficult for him to find ultimate liberation. When a Sadhak sees downfall on the path of yoga and meditation, it becomes difficult for him to uplift again from the bog of sansar hence every Sadhak should abandon pondering about the worldly subjects. It is said in Vivek Chudamani by Aadi Shankaracharyaji as :

SHRUTISMRUTI NYAYASHATAIRNISHIDDHE
DRUSHYEATRA YA: SVATMAMATIM KAROTI I
UPAITI DU:KHOPARI DU:KHOJATAM

NISHIDDHAKARTA SA MALIMBLUYO YATHA II (332)

Thousands of sayings of Shruti and Smruti and hundreds of ways forbidden by Shastra advise a Sadhak not to remain attached to this visible, physical , perishable worldly things but if a Sadhak does not follow them and follow the forbidden and negative activities like a thief, he would see unhappiness and sorrow in life every now and then because God has given us freedom in making decision and section of our karma. We are given liberty in doing our karma and 'in avoiding our karma. Every worldly object is emerged and ended. Every action begins and ends. They are nor permanent. They follow the rules of nature but a human being is a part of Paramatma who is omnipresent and eternal. When a Sadhak is enveloped by Padarth of temporary illusive sansar and remain attached to them, he finds pain and sorrow on losing them. Hence Lord Shri Krishna advises 'not to remain attached to any padarth and kriya but to do karma selflessly for the welfare of others. yoga with Paramatma is permanent and entry in the world as JIvatma has birth and death which is untruth and constantly changeable .Paramatma is the only truth and hence there is no scarcity of his presence. Paramatma is with us, within us for all the time in all the situations everywhere but the moment we realize our own truthful Swaroop with the unification of Paramata, we can be YOGARUDHA automatically.

A Sadhak who remains in touch with Paramatma, feels unification with eternity and feel liberation even though he lives in sansar and he may either does his karma or avoids his karma but a person who remains enveloped by the worldly things is sure to be destroyed by death. In CHHANDOGYOPANISHAD one of the example is given in the sixth Adhyaya .A king when wanted to justify an accused as a thief or not for stealing, he ordered him to hold a burning rod of iron .The king added that if you are not guilty and did not steal anything, you would not feel heat of a heated iron rod but if you are guilty , you will be punished by the Lord of fire. In the same way whoever knows the truth of Brahma would be free from the fear and punishment and who is attached to falsity of sansar suffers from pain and sorrow frequently.

KA: PANDIT: SAN SADASDVIVEKI
SHRUTI PRAMANA: PARAMARTHADARSHI I
JANAN HI KURYADSATOAVALAMBAM
SVAPANT HETO: SHISHUVANMUMUKSHU: II (Vivek.Chu./337)

How could a knowledgeable Sadhak who knows Shruti and Smruti and aware of his real swaroop ,select untruthful objects of sansar like an ignorant child if he is a real MUMUKSHU?

Let's understand from our great God and Guru Lord Shri Krishna...